QB 1 (?) Josh Dobbs

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No interest @ all in Dobbs. The guy got like 85 total pass attempts over 4 years in league. He barely got any playing experience over a rookie. Might as well roll out Tune and see what is made of. Least fanbase got some attachment to the young man after preseason.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No interest @ all in Dobbs. The guy got like 85 total pass attempts over 4 years in league. He barely got any playing experience over a rookie. Might as well roll out Tune and see what is made of. Least fanbase got some attachment to the young man after preseason.
We’ve already seen that Tune’s footwork isn’t ready to run this offense, an offense where footwork is CRITERION 1 in Petzing’s offense. Did you watch the preseason games? When Tune was consistently throwing high or getting his passes out late, that was 100% because he doesn’t have the footwork down yet. I really like Tune, but why not run the guy out there that knows the offense, knows the language in the offense, and understands the footwork necessary to run it? Dobbs came to TN very late last year & had to learn a different offense in 8 days. And he did pretty damn good all things considered in the 2 games he started. I understand that he’s not an NFL starting QB, but all things considered, this offense fits his skills like a glove. Let Tune keep learning the system, and if Murray still isn’t back by weeks 6-7, then maybe you give him his shot. And even though Dobbs is the starter, I wouldn’t be surprised if Petzing has opportunities for Tune at times.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No matter who starts, we will see the backup take the field relatively early in the season. The offense will be too inept and the deficits too large for them not to give the other option a look.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An aerospace engineer should have no issue familiarizing himself with the playbook, especially one he is already familiar with. LOL

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort