feed hopkins
Reaction score
Harden
Book
Jimmy
KD
Nurk
-
You would think the Heat would use Butler’s expiring plus picks in a deal for Mitchell or Bridges but if those guys stay we could offer Beal plus two 1st’s on draft night. Miami doesn’t have interest in re-signing him so they could look at Beal who they were interested in last summer. Far fetched I know and Beal would have to waive his NTC.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix reportedly has the best odds to land James Harden.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Not that I think it’s going to happen but I have always felt I could see Harden coming “home” before his career is over.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I think it’s going to happen but I have always felt I could see Harden coming “home” before his career is over.

Yeah, he has never relinquished his connection to ASU.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hardin had 13 assists and one turnover his last game. Could you pass him up if he wanted to come here for whatever we could pay. Why not at this point

On a min contract, you gotta do it, but I think that team similarly flames out.

You can't have a bunch of low energy guys who each need the ball in their hands to be effective. What strikes me the most watching other teams in the playoffs is how hard their players are working. They're diving for lose balls, they're flying around on defense. We got out worked so bad by the Wolves that it's embarrassing. Harden certainly doesn't fix any of that.

Our turnover situation and the volume of our 3 point shooting would improve, that is for sure, but defensively we'd be really really bad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a min contract, you gotta do it, but I think that team similarly flames out.

You can't have a bunch of low energy guys who each need the ball in their hands to be effective. What strikes me the most watching other teams in the playoffs is how hard their players are working. They're diving for lose balls, they're flying around on defense. We got out worked so bad by the Wolves that it's embarrassing. Harden certainly doesn't fix any of that.

Our turnover situation and the volume of our 3 point shooting would improve, that is for sure, but defensively we'd be really really bad.
Agree on if for the minimum and pretty much all the rest.

We’re just screwed. All these teams left are younger, deeper, more athletic and have better number 1 options than we do.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
He would improve the ballhandling situation, but not age, injury risk, or cohesiveness, per se. I guess the Suns would be testing the theory that if a Big Three doesn't work, maybe a Big Four will?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would improve the ballhandling situation, but not age, injury risk, or cohesiveness, per se. I guess the Suns would be testing the theory that if a Big Three doesn't work, maybe a Big Four will?

Although the Clippers came close if everyone had stayed healthy with George, Leonard, Harden and Westbrook.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe we took Ayton over Doncic. I’ve never been more wrong about anything in sports in my entire life.

If we had a Doncic/Booker back Court just surrounded by 3 and D guys, that team woulda been a contender for a decade.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I can’t believe we took Ayton over Doncic. I’ve never been more wrong about anything in sports in my entire life.

If we had a Doncic/Booker back Court just surrounded by 3 and D guys, that team woulda been a contender for a decade.
Hindsight is 20/20. I didn't believe Ayton would end up being such a bummer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He spent two years in Tempe. His home is LA where he grew up. If ppl don’t want Harden that’s fine but they can’t complain about better PG options because there isn’t one.

The Suns went all in with Durant and Beal. Why stop now?

With their limited assets, I agree, adding James Harden is a no-brainer if it becomes an option.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
It's crazy to think Clippers would do Harden for Beal s and trade. They need a PG too.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
I can't stand Harden, but he is an upgrade over Beal/Booker playing point. The main issue would be defense. How on earth would Harden, Booker get by on defense. They'd give you 45 a game. They'd give up 60.

Second, how do the Suns get Harden? Trade?

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hardin had 13 assists and one turnover his last game. Could you pass him up if he wanted to come here for whatever we could pay. Why not at this point

I would be fine with him coming here on the cheap if our other needs are met first, but not with Ishba giving up assets or selling the store to get him. Adding another scorer is not a priority, we need to get bigger and tougher, and add more of a true point guard.

Reaction score
Haven't followed Hardin, but I'm guessing he would be a liability on defense?

Reaction score
He spent two years in Tempe. His home is LA where he grew up. If ppl don’t want Harden that’s fine but they can’t complain about better PG options because there isn’t one.
I guess the biggest question is which is a bigger priority: defense or a PG?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I started a 2024-2025 discussion thread. Since obviously our season is over at this point. Plus we are talking about next season in a bunch of different threads. It would be cool to have all that in one thread.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember how long it took to give Monty the boot last year?

Edit… it only took 2 days to fire Monty. We’re at 8 days and counting on Vogel. Starting to think this FO is so high on its own supply that there’s no way they can admit a mistake as big evidenced by firing the coach after 1 year.