Around the NHL 23-24

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second round is starting to come into focus.

Avs and the Oil are looking strong in the West and I'm thinking Rags or Kitties in the East.

As always, goaltending and who can stay healthy will be the keys. The level of play and effort right now is amazing.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Second round is starting to come into focus.

Avs and the Oil are looking strong in the West and I'm thinking Rags or Kitties in the East.

As always, goaltending and who can stay healthy will be the keys. The level of play and effort right now is amazing.
I'm going to game 6 in Vegas on Friday night. Stars are rolling four lines right now that are all going well. both of their power play units are equally strong and each one scored last night. I would say their one guy that they can't afford to lose is Miro Heiskenan, their defensemen. He's their best player. it's crazy that dallas may have to go through Vegas, Avs, and oilers if they are going to make it.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to game 6 in Vegas on Friday night. Stars are rolling four lines right now that are all going well. both of their power play units are equally strong and each one scored last night. I would say their one guy that they can't afford to lose is Miro Heiskenan, their defensemen. He's their best player. it's crazy that dallas may have to go through Vegas, Avs, and oilers if they are going to make it.

I hear those Vegas playoff games are a sight to behold. I'll bet it's a great time. :thumbup:

Maybe you'll get lucky and the Knights will wear those shiny gold helmets. In those helmets, they always look to me like a group of backup dancers from C-3PO: The Musical. ;)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I hear those Vegas playoff games are a sight to behold. I'll bet it's a great time. :thumbup:

Maybe you'll get lucky and the Knights will wear those shiny gold helmets. In those helmets, they always look to me like a group of backup dancers from C-3PO: The Musical. ;)
GK fans swear by it being the best show in the NHL. I'm sure it will be fun, especially if the stars close them out.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GK fans swear by it being the best show in the NHL. I'm sure it will be fun, especially if the stars close them out.

I personally have no love for either team so hope it's a good game.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I personally have no love for either team so hope it's a good game.
it will be sweet revenge for dallas to get this game in their building. it's unfortunate that they had to go through Vegas as opposed to the Kings. but maybe this is the test that they need to finally break through.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
went to the game in vegas last night. it was a goalie duel, I think. I mean both teams did not really take their chances well either. it was a great environment for a game. there were more stars fans there than I expected, but the Vegas fans were relatively friendly. they actually were not as rowdy as they get a reputation of being. I think Carolina and Dallas fans are more rowdy from my experiences there.

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
Before I was a Coyotes fan, I was a Leafs fan - having grown up in eastern Canada. Watched Game 7 of Leafs/Bruins tonight - first game, Ive really sat down and watched for ages. Only to have my heart broken again lol Good game though, I have to admit

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Before I was a Coyotes fan, I was a Leafs fan - having grown up in eastern Canada. Watched Game 7 of Leafs/Bruins tonight - first game, Ive really sat down and watched for ages. Only to have my heart broken again lol Good game though, I have to admit
I felt bad for the leafs watching that goal go in. I was hoping they would pull that one out.

Tonight I hope the stars explode out to a decisive lead early. Their players have been very poor at taking their glorious amount of scoring chances. I'm tired of these one goal games.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruins offense explodes last night against Florida. I didn't see that coming after they nearly coughed it up in the first round for the second time in two years.

The play is elevating once again in these playoffs and it's why hockey is still my favorite sport to watch. You have to earn every win to get to 16 and raise the Cup.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Bruins offense explodes last night against Florida. I didn't see that coming after they nearly coughed it up in the first round for the second time in two years.

The play is elevating once again in these playoffs and it's why hockey is still my favorite sport to watch. You have to earn every win to get to 16 and raise the Cup.
Indeed. Rangers up 2-0 on the canes. I wouldn’t count the canes out just yet. Dallas roared out to 3-0 lead on the Avs and just like that it’s 3-2 going into the third.

Edit: disappointed with Dallas. They blew a 3-0 lead and dominated the OT only to give up a goal on the avs first real chance. Some of their top players are really struggling to find the net. Blowing leads to the avs has been a problem for them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison