Champions League 2024

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wish Financial Fair Play rules really were a thing. You don't have to wonder why they are winning.

You must be registered for see images attach
Real is owned by The People. They have a big budget because they keep winning the Champions League. If you make a deep run you get more money.

Also, Carlito should get all the players he wants. That dude is a bona fide sigma.
This is farcical. Due process matters here means that City can do what they want for years but the league pounces on teams like Everton and Forrest. What about their "due process?"
They hate us cause they ain’t us. We’d come get some Magpies but none of them would make our top 15.
K9 what league is you kid trying out in? Mine’s in Premiere which has had trouts the last two weeks.
NOS Santos. Two weeks of tryouts is brutal. He’s laid up with a broken leg suffered at Ostrich Festival, but he made the team because I know the coach extremely well.

I somehow ended up on Premier’s email list and I wish they’d invested more in their badge.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real is owned by The People. They have a big budget because they keep winning the Champions League. If you make a deep run you get more money.

Also, Carlito should get all the players he wants. That dude is a bona fide sigma.

Yes, they are owned by the people. But the people don't inject money every year to fund it.

You know how much you get when you win the Champions League final? Man City throughout their run last year got 80M. That's nowhere near the nearly 800M they spent last year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

They hate us cause they ain’t us. We’d come get some Magpies but none of them would make our top 15.

NOS Santos. Two weeks of tryouts is brutal. He’s laid up with a broken leg suffered at Ostrich Festival, but he made the team because I know the coach extremely well.

I somehow ended up on Premier’s email list and I wish they’d invested more in their badge.
Uh huh, you're full of it on multiple levels. For one, City are drooling over Guimaraes (sp?) and would fall all over themselves to sign Isaak too. For another, go on pretending City doesn't have massive double standards. Hate us 'cause they ain't us? Sure, who wouldn't want their team to be treated like royalty with the PL's nose up their asses?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I missed a lot of posts here. what happened did City spend more oil money to get out of a punishment?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

That’s brutal - hope he recovers well!! My Ostrich Festival experience was a little better - my sons U9 team won the U10 gold bracket. We are headed to Club America in Cali at end of this month - looks like our group has the teams currently ranked #1 and #6 in the country. Should be mighty fun!!

Also, I wasn’t sure if S11 meant Phoenix Premier FC or the Arizona Premier League of the ASA. My daughter is in league - her team had major turmoil last year and was terrible, but things looking brighter for next year and they’ll likely be in the Arizona Advanced Leagues (but definitely not APL).

Not sure how familiar the soccer dads are with the Arizona landscape, but last year several of the biggest clubs broke away to start a separate soccer association and it was pretty much a disaster, so everyone is coming back to ASA this year. Should lead to more diversity of who you play at each skill level.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not sure how familiar the soccer dads are with the Arizona landscape, but last year several of the biggest clubs broke away to start a separate soccer association and it was pretty much a disaster, so everyone is coming back to ASA this year. Should lead to more diversity of who you play at each skill level.
It was two years ago. It’ll be good to have them (Phoenix Rising, RSL, AZSC, Arsenal, and a couple others) back in Open League and Arizona Advanced Leagues.

Thunder actually paid dues for both leagues (parents must’ve loved that) and some teams played in Presidents Cup.

Good luck at Club America—what an amazing experience.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I missed a lot of posts here. what happened did City spend more oil money to get out of a punishment?
No, they're getting preferential treatment. Everton and Forrest have been investigated only a short time for far less FFP "crimes" and have been hit with multiple points deductions. City has been investigated for something like a decade with a host of FFP "crimes" and have suffered no real punishment whatsoever. Double standards, clear as day.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
No, they're getting preferential treatment. Everton and Forrest have been investigated only a short time for far less FFP "crimes" and have been hit with multiple points deductions. City has been investigated for something like a decade with a host of FFP "crimes" and have suffered no real punishment whatsoever. Double standards, clear as day.
Oh ok makes sense. That’s the world we live in.

White collar vs. blue collar.

Or in this case plastic club vs. real club. When I lived in England the city fans used to make fun of United fans for being plastic. Looks like the tables have turned.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Good luck at Club America—what an amazing experience.
Thanks - we went last year too when the club sponsor was still Manchester City. We got boatraced 10-1 in our first game in our “welcome to elite soccer competition moment.” Our grouped featured the teams that are now ranked 2, 3, and 13 in the country… so ignorance was bliss back then!

They changed our group (in same bracket) yesterday and we get that #2 team (LAFC) again. They were the one that beat us 10-1, but we played them again in January in Anaheim and only lost 3-0 with all 3 goals coming in the last 5ish minutes. So looking forward to round 3!

Last edited: