Day 2 Grade?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Strictly day two C+ grade…

I like going quantity corners after R1 but a stiff RB and project TE when quality WR’s were on the board is rough. Overall draft is a B+ b/c of MHJ.
Some of those WRs are still on the board today, so maybe not the worst thing to wait on them.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not sure about a grade . I guess a B++...I will say this about Monti, though, he's drafting guys who actually have a position and shouldn't need much tinkering or moving around to find a spot to play. For me that's just another breath of fresh air with his drafts.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's not necessarily the players they got.. it's that combined on where they got them. I may be wrong, but I think we could have gotten Adam's, Reiman, and Jones on day 3. We have picks today..including 104. I would have been much less confused with Adam's at 104 instead of 71...or Reiman at 104 instead of 82.

If that's correct and any of the guys at 71, 82, or 90 would still be on at #104 or later....then we could have used those picks to trade up, like most people thought we would..and we could be sitting here with Dallar Turner or Terrion Arnold.

Who knows...it just felt like going into yesterday with 5 picks, we were going to come away with starters...and I think we got 1 starter out of 5 picks
By yesterday, did you mean Day Two? Because we went into yesterday with FOUR (one second, three thirds). As far as starters, I have no idea how it will work out, but the CB, TE (in 12 personnel), OG all have a shot at starting. The RB MIGHT be part of the rotation, or at least an insurance policy. The second CB looks like a developmental guy for a year.
It's not necessarily the players they got.. it's that combined on where they got them. I may be wrong, but I think we could have gotten Adam's, Reiman, and Jones on day 3. We have picks today..including 104. I would have been much less confused with Adam's at 104 instead of 71...or Reiman at 104 instead of 82.

If that's correct and any of the guys at 71, 82, or 90 would still be on at #104 or later....then we could have used those picks to trade up, like most people thought we would..and we could be sitting here with Dallar Turner or Terrion Arnold.

Who knows...it just felt like going into yesterday with 5 picks, we were going to come away with starters...and I think we got 1 starter out of 5 picks
Why do you think we could have gotten those three guys on Day Three? Not saying you're wrong, but I have NO IDEA if we could have.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think its actually Paris, Robinson, and Elijah Jones for Will Anderson.

Time will tell if that was the right move.

I still feel like it was a good gamble (Texans pick anyone but Stroud and we have another top 10 pick this year).
Actually no because you’re failing to include what the cardinals had to give away to climb back up to 6 to take pjj

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
By yesterday, did you mean Day Two? Because we went into yesterday with FOUR (one second, three thirds). As far as starters, I have no idea how it will work out, but the CB, TE (in 12 personnel), OG all have a shot at starting. The RB MIGHT be part of the rotation, or at least an insurance policy. The second CB looks like a developmental guy for a year.

Why do you think we could have gotten those three guys on Day Three? Not saying you're wrong, but I have NO IDEA if we could have.
Look at you being all reasonable, open minded, and rational.
Just stop it, lol...you know they don't allow that here man.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After extensive research and giving it a chance to marinate I give day 2 an A grade. So I have now stated so it shall be.

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
@HookemCards

Not sure I have noticed this before - my favorite teams are exactly the same as yours (outside of not being hockey fan).

What has happened to the baseball Cardinals? Jeesh.

You must be registered for see images attach
They can't keep up with the big market teams. Truth be told I don't really follow hockey, but about 20 yrs ago the NHL had a contract with ESPN and the Blues had Chris Pronger, and Al McKinnis and were really good. I really enjoyed those couple of years.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not entirely pleased with day 2. I don't blame Monti for last season. It was a designed implosion that we all knew before the season would be 3-4 wins. The whole point, however, was to bankroll cap space and draft picks to take advantage of, this time around.

I don't know. It seems that I saw a lot of consensus difference makers going by while we picked a lot of unknowns. Do they know more than me? of course. But more than everyone in America? We'll just have to see, I suppose.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Impossible to grade now. Ask me in 2-3 years. But I like what I read about these cats and how they fit into what Monti & JG are building here.
1. I agree if you are asking for a numerical grade. My own grading system is a. Very Happy, b. Happy and c. Not Happy. This year I'll go with Very Happy.
2. Every Draft I read, ask me in two to three years. Makes sense EXCEPT in a couple of years this Draft is yesterday's newspaper, and our concern is the Draft taking place at that time.

And what always makes sense is that we'll hit on some and miss on some, so having 12 picks is a big help.