Devin Booker is the greatest player EVER in Suns history

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think Booker is maximizing the talent he does have. When he entered the league he couldn't dunk. Now he is way stronger than he was by far. He has developed into a more efficient scorer, rather than just a volume shooter. He does have his flaws, but I have to give him props, he does try and keep improving his game. Most guys plateau. This last couple of years they tried to make him point book. We missed out on dominant two guard Book during this time. We saw it briefly when Beal played PG some, and Book lit up teams. To get maximum Booker, someone else HAS to run the team.
I agree he’s maxing out his talent. The problem is his ceiling when maxed out isn’t good enough to build a team around. That’s not his fault. It’s just his reality.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest area that Booker could improve is his 3 point shooting. If he could shoot above 40% on high volume that would be huge.

I think he was headed in that trajectory but increasing other areas of his game took him on another course.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he was headed in that trajectory but increasing other areas of his game took him on another course.
Absolutely. World, wake up and see the truth, Devin Booker is NOT a point guard. This has been an ongoing argument for years here, many were convinced he could and should play that position. But he lacks some of the physical skills and most of the intangibles that make the Chris Paul's so successful there. He can cover the position in short stretches but he's so much easier to defend as a 1 than a 2.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Under pressure, Book picks up his dribble way too early, and our team never seems to have worked on proper actions to punish double teams like Ant repeatedly showed in our series.
Shooting 3s: he should practise a lot making them with a hand over his face, the way Doncic shows us in warm-ups. All our big-3 plus Allen should do that. In PO games, defense is a lot tougher to allow much wide open shots one gets in regular season games.
More and better driving layups vs. mid-range jumpers: Book showed it in the last game, but too late and too little.
Defense: He should be mentally willing to work on and play defense, consistently not just opportunically and then by committing quick fouls.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison