ESPN speculates Suns as a home for Jimmer

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In their rumor page, the mention that the Brooks signing points to Jimmer probably being traded as he is now bumped to the third spot in both guard rotations. Says Phoenix seems the most logical destination.

How would you guys feel about a Jimmer pickup? I'd assume it would cost us Morris.

Not sure how I feel. He would make next years team more interesting. But as I feel that both players are destined to be very mediocre... and a big is always worth more than an undersized 2. I do think Jimmer has the better upside (Mark Price anyone?) but I doubt he achieves that potential (Brent Price anyone?).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good God... a back-court of Dragic/Jimmer? yuck.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good God... a back-court of Dragic/Jimmer? yuck.

It would be bad, but entertainingly bad! More enjoyable than Michael Redd and more upside than Brown.

And watching Jimmer and Beasley fight over who gets to shoot would be a good time.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No way in hell I trade Morris for him. And I'm not even a big Morris fan!

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jimmer sucks I live in Norcal and watch every kings game he looks lost and like a kid out there runs a nice pick and roll, but is a crappy passer and hesitant to launch 3"s NO WAY!

Lacks Confidence BIGTIME! to small for a 2 and doesnt have the skill set to be a good PG

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Phew, I thought they signed Marshon Brooks. I want us to go after him before turning to Shannon Brown or Courtney Lee.

Jimmer? No thanks.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Phew, I thought they signed Marshon Brooks. I want us to go after him before turning to Shannon Brown or Courtney Lee.

Jimmer? No thanks.

That Brooks is under contract, we are not signing him.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Jimmer? No thanks.
Isn't Marshon still under contract? They can't sign him unless I'm wrong...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Jimmer sucks ass.

Please leave his happy ass in Sac Town. Or go to the Jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, pretty unanimous Jimmer hate. Kinda surprises me.

I certainly dont think he is good, but I must be a bit lower on Morris than most to have considered it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of Jimmer either, but remember he has been in the league only one year on a terrible team with terrible coaching and terrible ownership. Their main man acts and sometimes plays like a child and their big name is an even bigger bust than Jimmer is.

Would a change of scenery help? Not sure, Jimmer's always been a one-dimensional player. I look at Jimmer and I see one thing: J.J. Redick.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Someone told me Jimmer was a man on a mission.
His addition would qualify this Suns team for the all time least athletic list.
The Suns would have about 6 guys that would struggle to qualify for the high jump team in the Paralympics.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jimmer on the team? Like as a 12th or 13th man, fine. I would not give up anything to take him.

Reminds me of Casey Jacobsen. I admit it, I was high on Jimmer coming out. I was wrong, big time.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Giving up Morris for Jimmer would be ridiculous - even rediculous - but if he comes for free I'd be fine with it. Guys who's confidence has been shaken do recover in new settings and I think he has some grit. The little bit I saw him play (college videos) made me think he's got a good head for the game and he certainly showed he knew how to get himself open to shoot. I wouldn't be surprised if he developed into a passable NBA PG. Worst case, he's an all out gunner who only gets on the floor in desperate circumstances.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Jimmer could be a Eddie House/Jason Terry type of player without a doubt.. Interesting 6 man potential.

I wouldn't mind him as we do not have many outside shooters on our current team, or any players with potential coming off the bench for instant offense.

If we could somehow give up Frye, Warrick (unlikely with Cousins and TRob), Telfair, or Dudley and get back Tyler Honeycutt and Jimmer... I would be on board.

I think I am the only person here who is not psyched about Kendall Marshall. He played on an under-performing team of 5 NBA first round picks averaging 8 points and 10 assists. 10 assists is not that impressive to me when you have Zeller and Henson in the post, Barnes on the wing, and McAdoo's freakish athleticism. That team should have competed with Kentucky for best team in the nation, and instead that was Syracuse and Kansas.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
How would you guys feel about a Jimmer pickup? I'd assume it would cost us Morris.

I don't mind if the Suns bring him in give him a shot. But at the expense of Morris? No thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen