Heir to the Jedi (by Kevin Hearne)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heir to the Jedi (by Kevin Hearne)

The Galactic Civil War rages on after the destruction of the Death Star and Luke Skywalker struggles to learn more about the Force without the aid of Obi-Wan Kenobi – or indeed without any aid at all. But the few memories he has of Obi-Wan’s instruction point the way to a stronger control of the Force, and he is encouraged to pursue it by a new friend in the Alliance. When Luke, R2-D2 and his new ally are tasked with liberating a valuable asset from the Empire and delivering her to a safe planet where she can aid the Alliance, their journey across the galaxy is fraught with peril – and opportunities for Luke to discover the mysteries of the Force.

You must be registered for see images attach

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hearne writes a good story. This should be interesting.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It has been getting mediocre reviews so far. I will still read it but it sounds if it won't be as good a read as Tarkin was or a New Dawn.

This new "Canon" has been pretty good so far (including the new comics and the Rebels cartoon)....will be interesting to see how these stories tie in to the new movies.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I finished this one last week. It was OK, I like most Luke stories and this one centered around him. At this point in his life he WANTS to be a Jedi but has no idea what that really means or how to go about it, he knows he can feel the force but isn't sure how to control it...it was interesting in that it was his first person perspective.

He also feels the dark side for the first time...which was really interestingly described.

The book I am really looking forward to is Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp, it comes out April 28. The first 50 pages are available online here... http://makingstarwars.net/2015/03/50-pages-from-star-wars-lords-of-the-sith/