How do you buy your beef?

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just curious. We buy a side or a quarter from a local producer. Most times we split a steer with a friend. It's soooo much better than what I can buy in the store and the last half cost roughly 2.68 a pound. That's steaks, roasts, burger etc.
love having it cut to our specifications.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious. We buy a side or a quarter from a local producer. Most times we split a steer with a friend. It's soooo much better than what I can buy in the store and the last half cost roughly 2.68 a pound. That's steaks, roasts, burger etc.
love having it cut to our specifications.

That is far and away the best way to go, especially with a farm that responsibly raises their cows.

I buy at the grocery store as I dont have a big freezer to store a cow in.

Sometimes I go to von hansons and get prime cut meats for fun. Going tomorrow while steaks are on sale. they are incredible.

The only thing I dont like about buying a portion of a cow is freezing everything. I typically do not freeze any of my meats right now, I just get meat every few days from the grocery.

OP
OP
D

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Love von hansens. Particularly their beef sticks or whatever they're called.
Spendy but good eats all around.

OP
OP
D

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh and if you like pork you have to try the Pork Shop out east of queen creek. Fantastic and you can buy a half hog too if you so desire.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love von hansens. Particularly their beef sticks or whatever they're called.
Spendy but good eats all around.

Tomorrow is buy 2 get 1 free grilling steaks, buy one get one marinated chicken breasts and fresh brats like $2.50 a pack or something FYI.

OP
OP
D

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tomorrow is buy 2 get 1 free grilling steaks, buy one get one marinated chicken breasts and fresh brats like $2.50 a pack or something FYI.
Hmmm. Wonder what Midwest meats has going on. Another good place that's in Mesa.

Reaction score

I always get the marinated chicken breasts there. Love them. Can only afford them when they have sales like this. Very pricey. The tomato basil parmesan ones are my favorite.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always get the marinated chicken breasts there. Love them. Can only afford them when they have sales like this. Very pricey. The tomato basil parmesan ones are my favorite.
I like the butchers blend and the butter one. I only go for sales too, going today. The chicken breasts are amazing, two breasts takes up most of your damn grill!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got 3 steaks, four massive marinated chicken breasts, some huge cow knuckles for the dogs, a pound of beef jerky and two packages of brats for $60. Great deal but it was $40 off once done so normally $100

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
We talk about doing this every year but haven't pulled the trigger. We did go in halves on a pig a few years ago and I wasn't all that impressed with the processing. Live and learn.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not if you pay off your credit card every month. Credit cards are better protection from fraud.

Which I do, I just work in debt relief so ultimately if you are financially secure, yes, use cards. If things are tight, I would never recommend it.

Personally I have a chase amazon and I use it for all transactions and then pay it off on payday but I dont spend excessively so its never a problem.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Not if you pay off your credit card every month. Credit cards are better protection from fraud.
My credit union debit card is just as good protection, if not better. I have had to use it a couple of times and it was seamless. My last credit card got a plasectomy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksince98