Jack the Ripper

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I'm reading the new book on Jack the Ripper (Case Closed) Please forgive me for not having the author's name memorized - Patricia Whitley I want to say.

She's a popular mystery writer who spent a few million dollars of her own money to go back and solve the Jack the Ripper case. She uses modern forensic science and psychological profiling to build a case that it was the painter Walter Sickert.

It's a very good read so far. Very engrossing and suprisingly easy to understand. She avoids technobabble and offers her own, often biased, opinions on everything. It's really interesting to read her dispel many myths of the era and crimes and confront the brutal realities of the case. I'm only halfway through it but she's definitely done a great job so far.

Highly recommend!

Les

Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13
I'm reading the new book on Jack the Ripper (Case Closed) Please forgive me for not having the author's name memorized - Patricia Whitley I want to say.

It's Patricia Cornwell.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received that book as a present for Christmas and I've just been so busy catching up on all my other reading I haven't had a chance to start it yet. Glad to hear someone liked it though. I look forward to starting it soon.

Shawn

DbaxJ

I was lost but now I'm found
Reaction score
sounds like it could be pretty interesting.....