Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I unabashedly love the first three movies of this new Apes saga, and thought the 3rd was probably the best trilogy ender of all time. But this just isn’t doing much for me.

For starters, somehow, the CGI Apes don’t look as realistic as the the third or even second movie. This looks more like a big cartoon.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I unabashedly love the first three movies of this new Apes saga, and thought the 3rd was probably the best trilogy ender of all time. But this just isn’t doing much for me.

For starters, somehow, the CGI Apes don’t look as realistic as the the third or even second movie. This looks more like a big cartoon.
Me too. I have seen every movie made plus the TV series from way back (have the dvd box set of them).
I will definitely watch this one when it hits streaming, we don’t go to theaters any more.

Reaction score

I loved the first one of the new ones with Franco but the second one I just couldn't get into & haven't watched the 3rd. Maybe I'll give the 2nd one another try & go from there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved the first one of the new ones with Franco but the second one I just couldn't get into & haven't watched the 3rd. Maybe I'll give the 2nd one another try & go from there.
the second one was my least favorite of the three, but the third was really incredible, IMO and was a timely political allegory when it came out. That said, I really liked the 2nd one, just not as much as 1 or 3. But if you're not into the 2nd on rewatch, 3 probably ain't gonna be your bag either.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
the second one was my least favorite of the three, but the third was really incredible, IMO and was a timely political allegory when it came out. That said, I really liked the 2nd one, just not as much as 1 or 3. But if you're not into the 2nd on rewatch, 3 probably ain't gonna be your bag either.
+1 to this. I'd rank them the same.

@Cheesebeef did you get to see an early screening or is your CGI quality comment off of the trailer? That's been my big CGI complaint for he last few years. A lot of the newer stuff is looking worse than it did 10 or 15 years ago.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 to this. I'd rank them the same.

@Cheesebeef did you get to see an early screening or is your CGI quality comment off of the trailer? That's been my big CGI complaint for he last few years. A lot of the newer stuff is looking worse than it did 10 or 15 years ago.
I feel like it's better in theaters, but the new stuff looks bad at home.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison