Mike Budenholzer - Officially Suns new Head Coach

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bong rip lemon cake kush to bud as hc workin in phoenix he def has some good players to work with :)

And im sure suns will look at addin real pg

Lookin forward to next season majorrrr sigh of relief lol

Good hire i hopeee lol never know in az

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one thing i noticed - and idk if it was due to injuries early on and throughout - but vogel didn't treat beal same way he did book and kd - if beal was being subbed out beal was being subbed out - there was no beal waving vogel off

also never made sense to me kd playing more minutes in the first quarter than beal - who's only a whole basketball generation younger - don't get me wrong - all kd minutes are smart minutes but if you're going to utilize a 35 year old assassin in the 4th quarter you might want some fresh legs - yet kd was often tired and turning the ball over

word is budenholzer is having meetings with the players rn

I thought the rotations could have been better. They always seemed off, especially substituting Booker out to start the 4th quarter. Also, it was painfully obvious the Suns didn't have enough size despite other shortcomings. Udoka could have helped.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A said issue was Frank Vogel couldn't hold players accountable. The players have a responsibility as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
After hearing that Bud clashed with Sarver the last time he was up for the job? That doesn't surprise me. He might be exactly what we need.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After hearing that Bud clashed with Sarver the last time he was up for the job? That doesn't surprise me. He might be exactly what we need.

This may be good news. I like coaches that have strong ideas, so long as they are not inflexible to change when the situation merits. Lineups should be subject to change.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duane Rankin reporting source the Suns are hiring Mike Budhenholzer.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duane Rankin reporting source the Suns are hiring Mike Budhenholzer.

This is the worst kept secret in the NBA.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo is saying another change is coming to the Suns front office. He said James Jones isn't getting fired but a change is coming. That might mean James is losing one of his titles. He is President of Basketball Operations and General Manager. I bet he loses one of them.
What really bothers me about this is I am hearing he will be GM and maybe someone comes in as President. I really want it the other way around. We need to bring in another guy with the talent evaluation. Since Cam Johnson, our draft picks have been bad. The roster has been criticized post season as having been constructed poorly. James jones is supposed to be the guy that is the feel good guy for free agents, players, etc. Let him do that above the talent level evaluation level. I am REALLY hoping he gets elevated higher up from GM.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen