Pasadena City Council Votes Against Potential NFL Stadium Site

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The city's bid to lure an NFL team to the Rose Bowl has ended, leaving the Los Angeles Coliseum and a parking lot in Anaheim as the lone remaining candidates interested in landing a team.

The city council voted 5-1 to pursue a plan for the Rose Bowl that doesn't involve the NFL. The vote came early Tuesday after nearly seven hours of debate in front of a standing-room only crowd of about 200.

Opponents of the NFL project, including Mayor Bill Bogaard, argued that a proposed $500 million renovation of the Rose Bowl would bring too much traffic, displace park users from the Arroyo Seco and threaten the historic status of the 83-year-old stadium.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfl-pasadena&prov=ap&type=lgns

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I saw that article and I almost think the whole thing is a moot point. Do you really think that the NFL will award a franchise or move a franchise to Los Angeles and have them play in the aging Rose Bowl, which has worse infrastructure than Sun Devil Stadium?

Seemed to me like a ridiculous proposition in the first place. If L.A. wants a team, they need a new state of the art facility. It may make sense to tear down a rebuild a facility like the L.A. Coliseum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen