the final FRIENDS....

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
The ending of these long-running shows are usually too sappy for me to enjoy. I wish they would have ended with Ross not knowing if she got off the plane--it's still happy; you know they're going to get together, but it's not wrapped up in a mass-consumption package. I hate the way they wrap every storyline up like it's the end of the world. Yeah, they don't have that apartment--but they're all still friends, right?

That's why I liked the end of Sienfeld. They didn't have an episode where every storyline came together and ended. It just ended--rather abruptly, with questions lingering.

I can totally understand wanting to have some questions left unanswered. It allows the person to construct their own theories and wants etc etc. I just know that me personally, I like to have good solid wrapped up endings. I guess life is always giving me more questions, so it's nice when I don't have to think too much about an ending and it's laid out for me.

If they left Ross hanging, I would have been soooooooo upset.

Did anyone watch them on Leno last night?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
I can totally understand wanting to have some questions left unanswered. It allows the person to construct their own theories and wants etc etc. I just know that me personally, I like to have good solid wrapped up endings. I guess life is always giving me more questions, so it's nice when I don't have to think too much about an ending and it's laid out for me.

If they left Ross hanging, I would have been soooooooo upset.

Did anyone watch them on Leno last night?

Yeah, i saw part of it...pretty funny.

Mike

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I gotta agree with cheese. Everyone just knew that R and R would get together because that is what the audience wanted. There is something to that I guess, but some sort of twist anywhere in the episode would have been nice. I was waiting for Erica to contest the adoption or something, but nada.

A little bland, but still not as bad as Seinfeld. At least they didn't bring back a bunch of old characters for lame cameos.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
I gotta agree with cheese. Everyone just knew that R and R would get together because that is what the audience wanted. There is something to that I guess, but some sort of twist anywhere in the episode would have been nice. I was waiting for Erica to contest the adoption or something, but nada.

A little bland, but still not as bad as Seinfeld. At least they didn't bring back a bunch of old characters for lame cameos.

Well, there was a twist...the TWINS...huge twist I thought.

And how cool was it that Gunther finally told Rachel he loved her? Great moment!

Mike

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
This show hasnt been funny in years. I just dont see the appeal. In fact if it werent for the character Joey I doubt it would have lasted anywhere near this long.

Lame :thumbdown

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Well, there was a twist...the TWINS...huge twist I thought.

And how cool was it that Gunther finally told Rachel he loved her? Great moment!

Mike
Yeah, the twins twist totally threw me. After the first baby was born, I was sitting there just waiting for Erika to change her mind and say she wanted to keep the baby. Then #2 came and I was thinking, man, if they have Erika keep one baby and Ch & Mka keep the other, that will just be stupid. I was glad that Ch & Mka got both babies. That was a sweet thing.

Gunther FINALLY telling Rachel he loved her, I DID NOT see coming! My chin just fell when he did that! Maybe because I've had secret obsessions before :oops: and never had the nerve to tell the other person. That was quite a surprise that he finally did tell her!

I did half expect some lame cameos, but was glad there weren't any.

I felt that they did a great job with leaving the viewer with a "warm fuzzy", happy feeling, yet with just enough loose ends to have the Joey show (hopefully) do well and allow in future seasons of Joey cameos from the Friends, giving the loyal Friends fans a glimpse into what their fav Friends are up to.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Woohoo!!

All disagreements between clubs will be settled via dodgeball matches, right? :D

We are gonna rule!

I vote for smear the .....I mean "Touching with malicious intent of the person with the alternate lifestyle" until the last person is standing to settle all arguments.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Yeah, big surprise...and you may put a smiley there, but frankly, I'm getting tired of it.

I see a 3 page thread on Friends, and find out about only 1 page has to do with the topic at hand...

That's annoying.

Mike
Yeah keep calling me out, go ahead don't send me any PM's or anything since I annoy you so much.......:roll:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Yeah keep calling me out, go ahead don't send me any PM's or anything since I annoy you so much.......:roll:

Well honestly, I didn't mean YOU, I just meant that it happens a lot on these threads...

I apologize if you think you annoy me, that's not the case. I think a lot of what you guys say is hilarious, but I just think it's getting out of hand.

Some people start threads because they honestly want to know people's opinions on things, and then it deteriorates into something else, and I think that's a little disrepectful...sometimes.

Not always.

Again, didn't mean any offense, I just know I've said it before and it hasn't really seemed to stop it from happening.

Mike

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okay, sorry I sometimes feel that you single me out. I'll keep it to the designated off topic areas........

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Okay, sorry I sometimes feel that you single me out. I'll keep it to the designated off topic areas........

I was actually just responding to SOMEONE ELSE who singled you out :D

Mike

Reaction score
maddogkf said:
So what happened at the end? They all put their keys on the table & then what happened? Anything else?

They went to get coffee!

Then
Basically they camera just panned over the empty apartment, the keys, and finally the back of Monica's door.

Friends walking down the hallway of the building, Joey asks, "So where we gonna go" for coffee.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
They went to get coffee!

Then

Friends walking down the hallway of the building, Joey asks, "So where we gonna go" for coffee.

Chandler asked that....

:bimmed:

Mike

Djaughe

Reaction score
I thought the show reflected the last 4 seasons - out of steam. I did like the part where ross & phoebe went to the wrong airport...and joy & chandler saying good bye to their table.

pack2112

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot, Over
Reaction score
Sorry but I think it really sucked. and I guess that I am in the minority that I actually liked the last Seinfeld. But the weirdest ending of a series was St. Elsewhere. Everything was just in an autistic boys' imagination. Pretty lame!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I finally watched it and thought it was lame. And how did Monica and Chandler get to take the babies home the same day? I mean, I know it's a half hour show, but really.

I am very much looking forward to the Amazing Race. I love that show. Wish I could find someone to audition with me. I have a very good sense of direction! :thumbup: