The Official US Soccer thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Sergino Dest tore his ACL about a week or so ago. he will not be at copa america. but could be back for the WC assuming he doesn't lose his roster spot which doesn't look likely. I think Dest is one of their top 5 players. I hope this gives someone the opportunity to showcase their ability.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sergino Dest tore his ACL about a week or so ago. he will not be at copa america. but could be back for the WC assuming he doesn't lose his roster spot which doesn't look likely. I think Dest is one of their top 5 players. I hope this gives someone the opportunity to showcase their ability.
Dest is wasted in the Gregg system

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dest has been having tons of injury problems, so availability, or lack thereof, is threatening to end his USMNT career.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Dest has been having tons of injury problems, so availability, or lack thereof, is threatening to end his USMNT career.
Hopefully his absence will help end berhalters career. Berhalter has done nothing to improve the back four depth of the team. Reminds me of watching spurs.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't be that dramatic - it's not like there are 10 other guys that are there to take his place.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I wouldn't be that dramatic - it's not like there are 10 other guys that are there to take his place.
Agree. the only positive with his injury is that berhalter will have to play other people. My guess is that he will play the same guys that he has in the past rather than look towards a future option.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I mean if he can't stay healthy he won't be able to play, period.
I could be wrong, but I think this is his first major injury? it sucks because he was in good form with a club team. I also didn't realize there were 2 or 3 other USMNT players on his club. anyway, I think his issues have been with his attitude on and off the pitch which has caused him to miss playing time or hurt his performance as we saw against Netherlands when he really pressed too hard. perhaps some immaturity that hopefully will sort itself out. I could see this year of rehab being positive for him if he can get back to what he was before the injury.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think this is his first major injury? it sucks because he was in good form with a club team. I also didn't realize there were 2 or 3 other USMNT players on his club. anyway, I think his issues have been with his attitude on and off the pitch which has caused him to miss playing time or hurt his performance as we saw against Netherlands when he really pressed too hard. perhaps some immaturity that hopefully will sort itself out. I could see this year of rehab being positive for him if he can get back to what he was before the injury.
I might be mistaken. I thought he had another major injury before. He definitely has maturity issues too, but (with a good coach, anyway), you'd think he can get past those.