UNCENSORED 2024 Draft Thread

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
It takes time to evaluate a draft; like years sometimes. 12 picks and besides MHJ; I'm not feeling good about this draft. The 2 Illinois players in round 3, the reaches, one DL, 1 wr in 6th round after MHJ, lot of dbs but where's the pressures going to come from, the trade down at 35, drafting a TE and RB on day 2 when they could have waited to do that day 3, OL picks were not early enough, the #27 pick could have been drafted in round 2 or 3, drafting Tip Reiman in the 3rd only to have the Rams draft Corum, the best back in the draft right after that pick. We have to let this play out, but I'm not feeling like this is an A draft for sure. I guess 2nd contracts for draft picks are expensive. Hopefully MHJ won't be doubled every week and eventually demand a trade or sign elsewhere.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
It takes time to evaluate a draft; like years sometimes. 12 picks and besides MHJ; I'm not feeling good about this draft. The 2 Illinois players in round 3, the reaches, one DL, 1 wr in 6th round after MHJ, lot of dbs but where's the pressures going to come from, the trade down at 35, drafting a TE and RB on day 2 when they could have waited to do that day 3, OL picks were not early enough, the #27 pick could have been drafted in round 2 or 3, drafting Tip Reiman in the 3rd only to have the Rams draft Corum, the best back in the draft right after that pick. We have to let this play out, but I'm not feeling like this is an A draft for sure. I guess 2nd contracts for draft picks are expensive. Hopefully MHJ won't be doubled every week and eventually demand a trade or sign elsewhere.
Sorry, do not get this logic. Monti already took the RB he wanted and the consensus better player. You wanted him to draft another RB in Corum just to avoid the Rams drafting him?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sorry, do not get this logic. Monti already took the RB he wanted and the consensus better player. You wanted him to draft another RB in Corum just to avoid the Rams drafting him?
I think he thinks that Corum is the best RB in the draft.

I don't. I see a small, below average athlete with good, but not great run vision. The Rams got lucky that a similar player, Kyren Williams had success, but it's rare that size/speed outliers like him are successful.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overall, not bad. No idea about the rounds 4-7 guys, so I won't even try to judge. Drafting our UDFAs isn't a bad thing. First round was definitely an A. I didn't like trading down in the 2nd but Melton isn't a bad prospect. Wanted more instant impact players on Day 2. The round 3 OG better start. But, uh oh, what is Monti going to do without extra draft capital next year? :D

I don't. I see a small, below average athlete with good, but not great run vision. The Rams got lucky that a similar player, Kyren Williams had success, but it's rare that size/speed outliers like him are successful.
No spoilers please

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think MHJ is a known quantity and will work -- but its the few picks that will tell the tale ( and im talking within the next 2 seasons, not next year):

1. Is Darius Robinson at least a contributing, NFL average DL starter?

2. How does Max Melton compare to DeJean and McKinstry? If one of the latter becomes a really good player while Melton doesnt, it wont be a good look----

3. Do any of Adams, G; Reiman, TE; or Elijah Jones, CB become NFL average starters? these are the picks gained by trading down --

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think MHJ is a known quantity and will work -- but its the few picks that will tell the tale ( and im talking within the next 2 seasons, not next year):

1. Is Darius Robinson at least a contributing, NFL average DL starter?

2. How does Max Melton compare to DeJean and McKinstry? If one of the latter becomes a really good player while Melton doesnt, it wont be a good look----

3. Do any of Adams, G; Reiman, TE; or Elijah Jones, CB become NFL average starters? these are the picks gained by trading down --
This was a really weird draft.

I was partially disappointed because the Cardinals didn't take "my guys", but then I look around at other teams draft classes and I think the Cardinals have a lot of players that really fit what they want to do.

I think the Cardinals added:

#1 WR
Disruptive front seven player
Starting CB
Backup RB who can start when Conner gets hurt
Starting LG
Blocking TE who will play a lot
CB Depth who can develop
And some developmental players at the backend.

I was a big fan of Darius Robinson coming into the draft because he's just a big, hulking, violent guy who can be a problem for blockers at a number of positions. I don't think he will be a "star" but I think he's going to be a really good NFL player.

I was a big fan of Max Melton too. I didn't quite rate him where the Cardinals did, but I can see why they did. I think he's going to be a good starter, he has all of the traits to develop into one and has the mentality.

I'll admit that I wasn't as familiar with Adams, but reading what Jim Nagy has said about him is exciting. Nagy picked him as one of his sleepers and he has basically said he's going to be a really good pro. He said he would have gone earlier if he hadn't played LT last year. Watching the clips of him dominating Latu at the Senior Bowl was pretty cool too.

Even though I wanted Mo Kamara, I can see why they think highly of Xavier Thomas. This draft class has very few bendy, quick first step kind of pass rushers, and Thomas is one of the few. What I didn't know was that he got a bad case of COVID that he took a long time to recover from and when he was back he broke his foot. In the game he broke his foot, he had 2 sacks. He has elite traits and is the type of player you gamble on later in the draft.

This class is just different than what we've seen before. I have never walked away from a Cardinals draft class thinking, this class 100% fits with what they want to do. The Cardinals best film from last year was when they lined up in 12 and 13 personnel, ran the ball or ran play action.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score

I don't. I see a small, below average athlete with good, but not great run vision. The Rams got lucky that a similar player, Kyren Williams had success, but it's rare that size/speed outliers like

Go ahead and disagree. The Cards suck every year and you glorify their moves. They once again sucked big time in the draft and all you can do is do thumbs down. Chances are I'll be right.

I've thought it over and y'all are right; gotta give it a chance the draft. Cards got some amazing athletes, football players. I might of had a couple during the draft, but I think it was re-living past nightmares of Cards drafts. I really want to have winning football, playoff ball in AZ again. The season is just so much more fun when there's a winner in town; ha ha. Let's protect Kyler, have a 50/50 run pass ratio, play better D like top 15-20 and score.

Last edited:

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
That logic is whack completely. Cards tanked to get Kyler out more than likely giving him a small chance to succeed. This is the most dysfunctional organization in pro sports.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Go ahead and disagree. The Cards suck every year and you glorify their moves. They once again sucked big time in the draft and all you can do is do thumbs down. Chances are I'll be right.
You might be correct, but at least recognize that this is only Monti's second year. And most people say that it takes a couple of years and not a couple of days to evaluate a Draft. In time we'll see.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We can only speculate about this draft but we can actually evaluate our draft 3 years ago. I would give the Cards a solid D for the 2021 draft and I’m betting the pundits graded it a lot higher back then
You're probably right. That's why I said Drafts, two or three years old are like yesterday's newspaper.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
That logic is whack completely. Cards tanked to get Kyler out more than likely giving him a small chance to succeed. This is the most dysfunctional organization in pro sports.
That has Nothing to do with What We are talking about!!!

Just stick to the subject of drafting Corun Or not.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score

I've thought it over and y'all are right; gotta give it a chance the draft. Cards got some amazing athletes, football players. I might of had a couple during the draft, but I think it was re-living past nightmares of Cards drafts. I really want to have winning football, playoff ball in AZ again. The season is just so much more fun when there's a winner in town; ha ha. Let's protect Kyler, have a 50/50 run pass ratio, play better D like top 15-20 and score.
Updated