Week 16 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 04/22/24-04/28/24

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Where else/how else would you get the content that the Twitter feed brings? Ideas?
I used to not mind them in the least. The problem this board has loading twitter pages and it no longer allowing the first new post to load is what's killing the board. And I mean "want to break the screen it's so frustrating" killing. You literally have to start scrolling down like mad as soon as you click the thread and hope you guess right where to end.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to not mind them in the least. The problem this board has loading twitter pages and it no longer allowing the first new post to load is what's killing the board. And I mean "want to break the screen it's so frustrating" killing. You literally have to start scrolling down like mad as soon as you click the thread and hope you guess right where to end.
That has to do more with the switch from Twitter to X than anything else. They have made improvements, but I'm with you 100%.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Another message board I visit gives the poster the ability to put a spoiler tag around the post to hide it. Does this board offer that as an option? If so, it might help to have people posting Twitter embedded posts to hide it with a spoiler tag.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post fewer/tweets or more relevant ones. I have zero interest in what K1Szn has to say to have it completely wreck my UX here.

If someone has 1700 followers, don’t RT them here. The content is always like “@shrags says Greg Dortch is a PROBLEM”

Preach!

It's so annoying to see a tweet from a nobody that references an expert. Why not just take the time to post the experts actual tweet!!!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another messaging board I visit gives the poster the ability to put a spoiler tag around the post to hide it. Does this board offer that as an option? If so, it might help to have people posting Twitter embedded posts to hide it with a spoiler tag.
Yes, we have had a spoiler tag likely sense the beginning.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preach!

It's so annoying to see a tweet from a nobody that references an expert. Why not just take the time to post the experts actual tweet!!!!!
Because one way or another, it adds discussion or possibly an interesting read. If we only wanted expert opinions, we might as well shut the whole thing down...

Plus, for the most part, they aren't the same retread, Kyler sucks, never trade down etc that we see over and over.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be hard to implement since there's so many people on this board but asking people to use a spoiler tag around their embedded Twitter post would help.
Interesting idea. I'd prefer that they just fix the loading times of the tweets, but this may be a workaround.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Post fewer/tweets or more relevant ones. I have zero interest in what K1Szn has to say to have it completely wreck my UX here.

If someone has 1700 followers, don’t RT them here. The content is always like “@shrags says Greg Dortch is a PROBLEM”
maybe we just have a "Twitter Randos" standing thread where if you want to see what Kratos the Fourth has to say about Petzing's power run game -- its a click away

I know its not a bright line between the randos and content types like Johnny Venerable ....

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Because one way or another, it adds discussion or possibly an interesting read. If we only wanted expert opinions, we might as well shut the whole thing down...

Plus, for the most part, they aren't the same retread, Kyler sucks, never trade down etc that we see over and over.

HARD DISAGREE. Usually it's something inanely positive but doesn't add anything to the conversation that we don't already have on the board. I'm usually like, "Hm, interesting point. Who is this blue check mark?" and it's someone who is going to get the most impressions from the tweet when it's reposted here.

I can count the K1SZN and Joanna Cards posts here that are interesting or revealing on one had, probably. But the same people keep posting them even after the challenge of the posts being dumb/ruining the UX comes up.

maybe we just have a "Twitter Randos" standing thread where if you want to see what Kratos the Fourth has to say about Petzing's power run game -- its a click away

I know its not a bright line between the randos and content types like Johnny Venerable ....

Only @Ronin should get to post tweets. If you think a tweet is good enough to break a thread, DM it to ronin and let him decide.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HARD DISAGREE. Usually it's something inanely positive but doesn't add anything to the conversation that we don't already have on the board. I'm usually like, "Hm, interesting point. Who is this blue check mark?" and it's someone who is going to get the most impressions from the tweet when it's reposted here.

I can count the K1SZN and Joanna Cards posts here that are interesting or revealing on one had, probably. But the same people keep posting them even after the challenge of the posts being dumb/ruining the UX comes up.

Only @Ronin should get to post tweets. If you think a tweet is good enough to break a thread, DM it to ronin and let him decide.
Except a lot of the posts that Ronin posts, are the same 'non experts' that you are complaining about...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Except a lot of the posts that Ronin posts, are the same 'non experts' that you are complaining about...
Well when you post a gajillon tweets every day they ain’t all gonna be gold.

Part of this conversation is hopefully sensitizing the people who embed the tweets most often that it’s bad for some peoples’ UX and hopefully they can be respectful of that. Not everything has to be managed by rules; norms are a thing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well when you post a gajillon tweets every day they ain’t all gonna be gold.

Part of this conversation is hopefully sensitizing the people who embed the tweets most often that it’s bad for some peoples’ UX and hopefully they can be respectful of that. Not everything has to be managed by rules; norms are a thing.
Stout's point is that when there are dozens of tweets loading on one page, it takes a long time for the page to come up, causing UI/UX issues.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Stout's point is that when there are dozens of tweets loading on one page, it takes a long time for the page to come up, causing UI/UX issues.
Even beyond the delay time, the screen doesn't take you to the first new post after all the wait, more often than not.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even beyond the delay time, the screen doesn't take you to the first new post after all the wait, more often than not.
It was so painful. It is better now on Chrome and the updates to the forum, but still.