The Official US Soccer thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Sergino Dest tore his ACL about a week or so ago. he will not be at copa america. but could be back for the WC assuming he doesn't lose his roster spot which doesn't look likely. I think Dest is one of their top 5 players. I hope this gives someone the opportunity to showcase their ability.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sergino Dest tore his ACL about a week or so ago. he will not be at copa america. but could be back for the WC assuming he doesn't lose his roster spot which doesn't look likely. I think Dest is one of their top 5 players. I hope this gives someone the opportunity to showcase their ability.
Dest is wasted in the Gregg system

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dest has been having tons of injury problems, so availability, or lack thereof, is threatening to end his USMNT career.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Dest has been having tons of injury problems, so availability, or lack thereof, is threatening to end his USMNT career.
Hopefully his absence will help end berhalters career. Berhalter has done nothing to improve the back four depth of the team. Reminds me of watching spurs.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't be that dramatic - it's not like there are 10 other guys that are there to take his place.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I wouldn't be that dramatic - it's not like there are 10 other guys that are there to take his place.
Agree. the only positive with his injury is that berhalter will have to play other people. My guess is that he will play the same guys that he has in the past rather than look towards a future option.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I mean if he can't stay healthy he won't be able to play, period.
I could be wrong, but I think this is his first major injury? it sucks because he was in good form with a club team. I also didn't realize there were 2 or 3 other USMNT players on his club. anyway, I think his issues have been with his attitude on and off the pitch which has caused him to miss playing time or hurt his performance as we saw against Netherlands when he really pressed too hard. perhaps some immaturity that hopefully will sort itself out. I could see this year of rehab being positive for him if he can get back to what he was before the injury.

Stout

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think this is his first major injury? it sucks because he was in good form with a club team. I also didn't realize there were 2 or 3 other USMNT players on his club. anyway, I think his issues have been with his attitude on and off the pitch which has caused him to miss playing time or hurt his performance as we saw against Netherlands when he really pressed too hard. perhaps some immaturity that hopefully will sort itself out. I could see this year of rehab being positive for him if he can get back to what he was before the injury.
I might be mistaken. I thought he had another major injury before. He definitely has maturity issues too, but (with a good coach, anyway), you'd think he can get past those.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That is really cool!
I think ALL referees should be deaf. They can't be swayed by players yelling at them. If they aren't reading your lips, or if the players don't know sign language, too bad. I think it could possibly make them MORE neutral. Takes the crowd out of swaying calls, too, potentially.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I like how she doesn't take the foot off the accelerator. I have seen too many come backs in soccer of the years watching the mens teams around the world. They need to put up games like this were the other team gets so far behind you can see they give up on trying to come back.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I think ALL referees should be deaf. They can't be swayed by players yelling at them. If they aren't reading your lips, or if the players don't know sign language, too bad. I think it could possibly make them MORE neutral. Takes the crowd out of swaying calls, too, potentially.

Not to make light of this guys medical condition but as a former ref in hindsight being deaf would have been super helpful during some matches I did for sure.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Not to make light of this guys medical condition but as a former ref in hindsight being deaf would have been super helpful during some matches I did for sure.
Have to agree in the 10 years I was a referee, not hearing anything would have been great.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was a referee, too. The sound of guys yelling at me was more bothersome than them flipping me off or whatever gesturers they did. The crowd will also play on you.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I was a referee, too. The sound of guys yelling at me was more bothersome than them flipping me off or whatever gesturers they did. The crowd will also play on you.

I can think of one particular tournament I did, 2 games Friday night, 6 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday…3 of those Sunday games were championships. This was a high level tournament in Illinois. By Sunday I was exhausted and my patience was shot, I had no tolerance for the coaches/parents on the sidelines or the mouthy teenagers on the field…it took all I had not to snap. Had I not been able to hear it would have been much better!

Stout

Reaction score
I can think of one particular tournament I did, 2 games Friday night, 6 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday…3 of those Sunday games were championships. This was a high level tournament in Illinois. By Sunday I was exhausted and my patience was shot, I had no tolerance for the coaches/parents on the sidelines or the mouthy teenagers on the field…it took all I had not to snap. Had I not been able to hear it would have been much better!
How many red cards came out on Sunday? :D

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
How many red cards came out on Sunday? :D

One to a coach. A few yellows to the teenagers. I had quite a few “my time” player & coach conferences that I used to make it clear there would be cards galore if they didn’t shut the F up and to be honest I am proud of myself for not uttering a single curse word. Actually not just proud but downright shocked—my language can be quite colorful LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22