Voluntary OTAs week 2. 05/27/24-06/02/24

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I really don't want to be a doubter, but every time I see Marv running routes I can't help but wonder if Kyler has the skillset to take advantage.

He's never shown himself to be a good timing guy, or good in the MOF as a bunch of these routes are.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't want to be a doubter, but every time I see Marv running routes I can't help but wonder if Kyler has the skillset to take advantage.

He's never shown himself to be a good timing guy, or good in the MOF as a bunch of these routes are.
Kyler also never had a WR target with the frame of Marv’s. Larry was 67 years old & had the speed of a snail at the end & Hop is 6’1/borderline 6’0.

You’re acting like the dude has been over-sailing passes to 6’6 dudes his career.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not really not trying to come off a Kyler stan here & he needs to improve in areas like MOF, but damn it doesn’t take rocket science to realize that throwing to a bunch of WRs 5’11 and under isn’t exactly the recipe for success.

Glad Monti/Gannon/Petzing realized that unlike Keim/Kliff.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I’m not really not trying to come off a Kyler stan here & he needs to improve in areas like MOF, but damn it doesn’t take rocket science to realize that throwing to a bunch of WRs 5’11 and under isn’t exactly the recipe for success.

Glad Monti/Gannon/Petzing realized that unlike Keim/Kliff.
Not to mention the last few games last season he threw a lot of rythm/time routes... it was the biggest factor in me scratching QB off the needs list... Petzing has him throwing to spots as soon as he finishes his drop back...
I think I have more faith in Kyler now than at any point so far

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kyler also never had a WR target with the frame of Marv’s. Larry was 67 years old & had the speed of a snail at the end & Hop is 6’1/borderline 6’0.

You’re acting like the dude has been over-sailing passes to 6’6 dudes his career.

Not sure what difference it makes to his ability to throw on times and hit on the types of routes Marv can run consistently.

He's had TEs he's not been able to hit in the MOF either. I'm not sure "Kyler needs 6'4" slot receivers to hit them" is a great argument. How many of them are there?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what difference it makes to his ability to throw on times and hit on the types of routes Marv can run consistently.

He's had TEs he's not been able to hit in the MOF either. I'm not sure "Kyler needs 6'4" slot receivers to hit them" is a great argument. How many of them are there?

In 2021 Kyler had one of the best passer ratings in the league with regards to throwing over the middle. So I'm not sure where all of the this Kyler can't hit receivers in the Middle of the Field stuff is coming from.

You must be registered for see images attach

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
When they went from 16 games to 17 games it was part of a new CBA and that CBA said that those players already under contract for 16 games would get a proportional base salary bump for the 17th game.

Those on vet minimums and with low base salaries got an extra game check (capped at $250k). The revenue share also increased.

To move to an 18 games season a new CBA would be required as the NFL can't extend the season without the NFLPA on board. So yeah, players will get an extra game check that's in line with their existing game checks. The NFLPA aren't dumb.
That’s what I remember extra game was an extra game check

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
In 2021 Kyler had one of the best passer ratings in the league with regards to throwing over the middle. So I'm not sure where all of the this Kyler can't hit receivers in the Middle of the Field stuff is coming from.

You must be registered for see images attach
This is the Kyler we need to show up
This year.