Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (Netflix)

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For the record, after mentioning "Fast Times" I had to google Phoebe Cates.

MMMMMMM.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There's a new BHC on Netflix. All the usual players are on board, and they added Kevin Bacon...who looks to be the bad guy at this point.
I'm about half way through and so far it's pretty good.

The only complaint... soundtrack... they used all the songs from the original... Neutron Dance and such.

Will update after I finish it

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Okay, finished it.
It's BHC all the way. I don't regret the 90 minutes one bit.
They had Axel, Taggert, Rosewood, Serge, and even Shooter McGavin...and Kevin Bacon.... not rolling on the floor funny, but still funny. Eddie has mellowed a bit in his old age.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, finished it.
They had Axel, Taggert, Rosewood, Serge, and even Shooter McGavin...and Kevin Bacon.... not rolling on the floor funny, but still funny. Eddie has mellowed a bit in his old age.
I just finished it and also enjoyed it. Even the music :)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, finished it.
Spot for me! BTW, it was 2 hours and it didn't feel like it to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please pass whatever you guys are smoking this way.

This was a big old ball of meh. Had the skeleton of BHC movie… without 90% of the laughs and, man… the action. Oy. I get that it’s almost impossible now to reach the action and mayhem that Martin Brest and Tony Scott could put on screen in the 80’s, but the chases here seemed like they moved in slow-motion.

Even with the music, it all seemed a little… turned down.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

This was a big old ball of meh. Had the skeleton of BHC movie… without 90% of the laughs and, man… the action. Oy. I get that it’s almost impossible now to reach the action and mayhem that Martin Brest and Tony Scott could put on screen in the 80’s, but the chases here seemed like they moved in slow-motion.

Haven't seen it yet, but I had similar feelings about the 2nd Coming to America movie -- which was a bad movie to boot.

Maybe Eddie is too mellow nowadays to do sequels to his great movies?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was ok but Lucy didn't even finish it she gave up and I finished it alone.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I watched half of it last night. Better than I expected! I was skeptical after the trash they made for #3. I caught how they made fun of it when he was at the police station haha.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched half of it last night. Better than I expected! I was skeptical after the trash they made for #3. I caught how they made fun of it when he was at the police station haha.
That line got a chuckle out of me.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For me, my expectations were so low and as @Bada0Bing said, 3 was so bad, it exceeded what I was expecting and more true to the original. I know it wasn't great, but I enjoyed it!

Now, what I want next are @Stout and his plot holes. These a few that really bothered me in this one that did feel super lazy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Mixed bag around here. Coming to america 2 makes me think this will be terribke. But will watch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mixed bag around here. Coming to america 2 makes me think this will be terribke. But will watch.
It’s not terrible and is MUCH better than the embarrassing 2 America.

Just pretty pedestrian.