Despicable Me 4

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our 14 year old and his buddies saw it last night and said good but not as good as the other ones.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this would have been a real win as like an 8-10 episode series. It's really like 3-4 different stories mashed into a 1.5 hour movie. My kid has never said "That's it? I thought it just started" until this movie.

I thought it was alright. Wendy and the kid loved it but watching this after Inside Out 2 didnt do it any favors. As far as kids fair, I actually liked the Garfield movie more.

BUT...there was one real win...the end with Tears for Fears. All these kids movies are turning my kid into a Beatles loving 80s alt rocker. She watched the OG video with me before bed.

Devilmaycare

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Well @Cheesebeef, looks like you're going to be closer on this one than me. Sitting at $290m now and I can't see it running to $500m now. It's probably only has $30-40m left to gain with how it's trailing off now. No shot of it hitting a billion worldwide either which I thought it would do at the start of the year. I really thought it would be the family hit instead of IO2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well @Cheesebeef, looks like you're going to be closer on this one than me. Sitting at $290m now and I can't see it running to $500m now. It's probably only has $30-40m left to gain with how it's trailing off now. No shot of it hitting a billion worldwide either which I thought it would do at the start of the year. I really thought it would be the family hit instead of IO2.
It’s the 6th in the Despicable franchise, so 350 mill domestic and 7-800 worldwide will still be pretty impressive, especially considering the competition in an absolutely stacked July and that Inside Out ended up the kids movie of the summer. But there’s really nothing for kids for the next month so I’m betting there’s still decent legs here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat