Cardinals sign OLB Marquis Haynes

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
As one who is drinking the koolaid regarding this upcoming season, them staying pat in the edge room would be a big blow. Tells you what they think of our chances.

Of course, we don’t know the restrictions Monti is working under with Bidwill.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You don't think the Chargers would move on from Mack, who is in the final year of his deal and have a new GM and coach? That is just one off the top of head.
They just restructured his contract some months ago, so that they would be able to keep him. He was an absolute superstar last season. One of the best edge rushers in the NFL.

Having said that, I like your thinking, BB. It is like I mentioned about Thibodeaux in another thread. No, the Chargers are probably not willing to let Mack leave, but at least give them a call to ask. What’s the worst that can happen? That they laugh at you? Desperate times call for desperate measures, and without the hope of Ojulari stepping up, there is pretty much nothing to be optimistic about with the edge rush. So at least ask around.

Anyway, I doubt that anything will happen.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As one who is drinking the koolaid regarding this upcoming season, them staying pat in the edge room would be a big blow. Tells you what they think of our chances.

Of course, we don’t know the restrictions Monti is working under with Bidwill.
I still believe edge is their priority for 2025.

Don’t expect more than shoring up at the position and defiantly nothing splashy/costly this season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I still believe edge is their priority for 2025.

Don’t expect more than shoring up at the position and defiantly nothing splashy/costly this season.
It had better be, and it probably should be #2 on the list as well, given Monti totally backed himself into that corner. Not a good place to be.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Two pass rushers mentioned in this ESPN article that might be worth keeping in the back of your brain - Baron Browning (Broncos) and BJ's brother Azeez (Giants). Like Haynes, neither would be a huge difference maker, but the projected compensation doesn't seem that steep steep. https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...itting-nfl-teams-adams-browning-heinicke-2024

Azeez has battled injuries too - maybe if we had them both on the roster we could get one Ojulari producing for us at pass rush on a regular basis - lol.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I love Mack, but at 33 he just doesn't fit unless it's on a very short term deal. Gotta get someone in their mid 20's to grow with the group.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be such a Steve Keim move.
Yeah, I love Mack, but at 33 he just doesn't fit unless it's on a very short term deal. Gotta get someone in their mid 20's to grow with the group.

He was an example of an older and productive player in the last year of a deal in a team looking to rebuild/reload. I'm sure there are more, just didn't look.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You mean like a 25 year Brian Burns :shrug: ?

Actually, I can't believe the Panthers let Haynes go. He could have EASILY replaced the minimal production Burns gave them.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
You mean like a 25 year Brian Burns :shrug: ?

Actually, I can't believe the Panthers let Haynes go. He could have EASILY replaced the minimal production Burns gave them.
I would love to get haason reddick for 2 years say 18 per but not likely…what about the other two young jet pass rushers…..