Is Chisena a Prospect?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
A couple of old timers emailed me about Dan Chisena. He’s kicked around for a few years, mostly just landing on practice squads. Players of that ilk, after this much time, rarely make active rosters except as mid-season injury replacements. Chisena is an interesting guy. He’s been had timed at 4.3. You could see in the game he has good hands. He’s willing to go over the middle. So why hasn’t he fared better. He’s just okay on contested catches. His flat speed hasn’t held up in game play to spring him frequently open. He appears to have improved his route running, so hope springs eternal. The thing is with the Cards having so many receivers in camp can they use one of their practice unit spots on Chisena? It seems unlikely. Baccellia would seem better positioned to take that slot. He’s just more experienced in this offense and better known by Murray and Tune. Chisena is a good guy who’s like a 4A player in baseball. He has enough talent to get asked to camps, but just not to rise make active rosters. It’s one of the toughest parts of chasing the NFL dream.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A couple of old timers emailed me about Dan Chisena. He’s kicked around for a few years, mostly just landing on practice squads. Players of that ilk, after this much time, rarely make active rosters except as mid-season injury replacements. Chisena is an interesting guy. He’s been had timed at 4.3. You could see in the game he has good hands. He’s willing to go over the middle. So why hasn’t he fared better. He’s just okay on contested catches. His flat speed hasn’t held up in game play to spring him frequently open. He appears to have improved his route running, so hope springs eternal. The thing is with the Cards having so many receivers in camp can they use one of their practice unit spots on Chisena? It seems unlikely. Baccellia would seem better positioned to take that slot. He’s just more experienced in this offense and better known by Murray and Tune. Chisena is a good guy who’s like a 4A player in baseball. He has enough talent to get asked to camps, but just not to rise make active rosters. It’s one of the toughest parts of chasing the NFL dream.

With a 16-man practice squad, there's room for several wideouts.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He may have the tools but in 4 years of NFL he has been used in special teams and never made a single catch in the regular season
He’s a very good special teams player. I believe he played ST’s for the Ravens in the AFC Championship game last year. He went to PSU as a multiple sport guy, couldn’t quite make it in football, so I think he ran track instead.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
He’s a very good special teams player. I believe he played ST’s for the Ravens in the AFC Championship game last year. He went to PSU as a multiple sport guy, couldn’t quite make it in football, so I think he ran track instead.
If he that good of a special teams player, he should help the team, even if he doesn't do anything at receiver.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
usually it all comes down to special teams. it is what guys like Dallas and Dortsch so valuable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser