Ted Lasso

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Well late to the party on this one, but my wife and I just binged the series.

I was a little reluctant because it required another subscription, seemed a little but corny and I can't say that I've ever loved Jason Sudeikis ..... I've found some of the ensemble stuff he's done to be humorous, but couldn't say I've wanted to see him as a series lead and creative force.

However, I just adored about every aspect of this as did my wife.

I loved the writing, characters, acting, set ups and call backs that take time to develop. I love little references and things - I'm sure I'm missing many them.

I wouldn't have caught the Geronimo picture and my wife didn't catch the "Oh Brother..." "That don't make no sense" line and that was just a couple items in the finale

They left items unsettled, but that is life.

After him winning people over and gaining traction for just being an earnest good human, the flight attendant giving him the snap reaction of being called a jerk to end the series was fun.

I didn't like him not in the montage for Beard's wedding though

I think the writing and character interplay was top notch.

We both went in expecting goofy comedy - after the first could episodes we were like "I thought this was supposed to be a comedy"

There are laughs for sure, but the program is much more than that.

I didn't think they smiled through conflict or didn't deal with anything.

I think Ted dealt with a ton, a lot of times in a negative solitary way but he was learning and much from those around him.

The end scene with Ted asking Jaime what he would say to his dad and then offering needed guidance to Jaime at the time and then using Jaime and those shared feelings to finally address the issues with his mother was fantastic

All those characters had flaws, they still do at the end.... They were working to get better.

Their destructive and emotional approach to those challenges held them back - confronting their role in their misfortune, changing how they interact with their struggles and working to improve their own situation instead of harming others was the path

I think that was pretty consistent

The program did lean socially progressive and the amount of dad issues within the characters was overwhelming at times, I didn't think any of it was off the mark.

I don't need hyper realism in the story telling - I think each character has enough meat to really with through the scenarios they did have

Would I expect any group of 20-35 yr old men, let alone professional athletes from around the globe, to have such an appreciation and understanding of show tunes?!? - of course not

Does that make some of the themes less universal?!? - of course not

I wouldn't be upset if Henry had the opportunity to join an academy in London and Ted ended up coaching or consulting with the new woman's team or something like that.

However, if what we have is the story? I'm not mad at it.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very well written, M.O. My wife and I are mirror reflections of you and yours about this.

The funeral of Becca's father was a killer for us. We each squirted a quart of tears.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Kinda wish they would just leave it alone. I thought the series was great as a three season arc.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda wish they would just leave it alone. I thought the series was great as a three season arc.
This appears to be the spin off.

Warner Bros. Television has picked up the options on original cast members Hannah Waddingham, Brett Goldstein and Jeremy Swift. It’s believed that Jason Sudeikis is involved in the revival in some capacity as an executive producer. Warner Bros. TV declined to comment.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I thought the three seasons were great but I’m totally in for a fourth or a spin off. It’s the best TV show in recent years and frankly we could do with more uplifting TV.

Last edited:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Yeah. I think the 3 season arc was really well done and I'd be fine leaving the story where it is.

However, there is still breathing room for a lot of other stories and the writers gave built up a good amount of trust in his they approach things and the deliberate nature in how they structure things

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah. I think the 3 season arc was really well done and I'd be fine leaving the story where it is.

However, there is still breathing room for a lot of other stories and the writers gave built up a good amount of trust in his they approach things and the deliberate nature in how they structure things
At this point Ted could get a call from another team. Maybe not even soccer. Maybe and NFL team??? Or Maybe even a call from Mat Ishbia for an NBA squad???