Darius Robinson injured

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I dunno. We got two weeks before game one. Maybe IR is overkill?? Maybe this two weeks and the first game or two is enough time?

Damn. Got me over here wishing we had a week 3 bye.
Nah, give him the extra time. Calf strains, if not treated properly, can lead to torn Achilles. Plus, JG will probably want a full roster to start the season and not have to hold a spot for him. Could allow for further evaluation of another player or two, who are on the bubble.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I dunno. We got two weeks before game one. Maybe IR is overkill?? Maybe this two weeks and the first game or two is enough time?

I hope we're cautious, calf strains are the worst of the soft tissue injuries. The injury could linger the entire season if not treated properly, or worse, he could tear his achilles. A torn achilles is basically a career ender for a pass rusher, he would never be the same.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope we're cautious, calf strains are the worst of the soft tissue injuries. The injury could linger the entire season if not treated properly, or worse, he could tear his achilles. A torn achilles is basically a career ender for a pass rusher, he would never be the same.

Terrell Suggs tore his Achilles in the 2012 offseason and was back in 5 months. He had 57 sacks in the following eight seasons and garnered 10, 11 and 12 sacks in three of those years.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Terrell Suggs tore his Achilles in the 2012 offseason and was back in 5 months. He had 57 sacks in the following eight seasons and garnered 10, 11 and 12 sacks in three of those years.
I didnt realize that happened to Suggs, I guess some pass rushers can overcome it. From what I've read most do not. My mind is still fresh from David Ojabo tearing his achilles at his pro day. Before the tear he was being projected as a high first round pick, was taken in 2nd by the Ravens, and has been well below average in the year since his recovery.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I didnt realize that happened to Suggs, I guess some pass rushers can overcome it. From what I've read most do not. My mind is still fresh from David Ojabo tearing his achilles at his pro day. Before the tear he was being projected as a high first round pick, was taken in 2nd by the Ravens, and has been well below average in the year since his recovery.
He was injured (knee injury) early last year too though. He was viewed as a huge gamble by the Ravens and hasn't worked out so far.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

The only actual info Rapoports tweet contains is that it's a multi week injury. The rest is conjecture.

Just as likely he's out a few weeks and misses game 1, and maybe 2 before returning. More likely even.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
O
Yeah, as K9 said, nothing will happen until the season date for final rosters. If AZ puts him on IR before that date he is out for the year.
i believe there is a new rule change that allows the team to return up to 2 players who enter the season on IR.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
He’s gotta be on the 53-man roster week 1 to qualify for IR-designated to return.

Whats the rush?
As far as I understand he needs to be on 53, but can be put on IR immediately, which will create a roster spot.

Meaning.. He needs to be included in the 53 for the trim down to 53, but his IR roster spot can be used if Monti wants to bring in players from outside on waivers.

So indirectly it "saves" a player that would have been cut when/if players from outside are added. We have to assume that there will be 1-3 players brought in from other teams

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is only after final roster cuts.
Maybe I misread the rule update but I thought it said on roster cut down day you can now designate 2 players to return from IR. Whereas before they had to be on the 53 man roster to start the season before you could designate them for return from IR.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser