2024 Week 1 Snap Counts...and some thoughts

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously stunned by this… how are we supposed to know what we got and what do we have to lose by playing him?
He was playing. I saw him rushing the passer at least 5 times. I don't know why he isn't on that chart, but I know he played.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Expecting much from a 5th rounder that showed out vs. guys watching at home like you and me on Sunday is pretty ridiculous.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
X Thomas played because I remember him getting phone booth’d by one of the tackles. His first career NFL game on the road vs Josh Allen isn’t a picnic and hardly judge worthy.

It was Thomas who lost contain at the end of the 2nd quarter. Thomas bit on the play fake and then Allen beat Thomas to the corner of the endzone.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Some quick thoughts on defense...

PFR apparently deleted Xavier Thomas from existence but in reality, he was pretty invisible on the field.

Starling Thomas getting 82% of CB snaps in something. He wasn't very good.

3rd round pick Garrett Williams played 61% and 2nd round pick Max Melton played 18%. This should be a concern.

Justin Jones played 69% (nice) of snaps which is good.

Gardeck played 65% which is not good. lol

No other defensive front player played over 50%.
Garrett Williams played nickel, so that is his starter snapcount. Thomas over Melton is a concern

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garrett Williams played nickel, so that is his starter snapcount. Thomas over Melton is a concern
At what point in the game did Melton get his concussion?