Jonah Williams status?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone expecting DJ back this year is misguided. He tore his ACL at the tail end of the season and OL/DL takes longer to comeback due to the stress they put in their knees on every play.

Remember Taylor Lewan? He was 29, tore his 5 games into the 2020 season, came back 4 games into the 2021 season and was a shell of his former self. He's retired now and he admitted rushing coming back. DJ is 30, he's not playing this year.
Oh I remember alright, he started week 1 in 2021. He's the guy that gave up 5 sacks to Chandler Jones!

There's a great clip of Budda tossing Lewan into the dirt that game.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I remember alright, he started week 1 in 2021. He's the guy that gave up 5 sacks to Chandler Jones!

There's a great clip of Budda tossing Lewan into the dirt that game.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He went on IR after that game. It was sad. I forgot he played the first game of that season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Whoa is me! On a messageboard, some people disagreed with me vociferously! And now I get to say I WAS RIGHT!...

Who cares, my man. I have exactly ZERO ire for Cheese, or Ossi, or you. I'm just looking to chill. I ain't complaining, but I am worried that Cheese shtick for the year is going to run out of steam. I've read the same thing on multiple threads today already.
Woe is me :BIM: ;)

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone expecting DJ back this year is misguided. He tore his ACL at the tail end of the season and OL/DL takes longer to comeback due to the stress they put in their knees on every play.

Remember Taylor Lewan? He was 29, tore his 5 games into the 2020 season, came back 4 games into the 2021 season and was a shell of his former self. He's retired now and he admitted rushing coming back. DJ is 30, he's not playing this year.
Besides Hump is getting paid a pretty good chunk of cash this year. He might test the waters next year but not this season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Besides Hump is getting paid a pretty good chunk of cash this year. He might test the waters next year but not this season.
He’s getting a $1.2 million injury settlement. Thats a lot to (many of) is, but he took home $12 million+ the year before. Imagine taking a 90% pay cut.

I don’t think he’ll be healthy enough to play until the last month of the season (if at all), but he’d probably play if he could.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He’s getting a $1.2 million injury settlement. Thats a lot to (many of) is, but he took home $12 million+ the year before. Imagine taking a 90% pay cut.

I don’t think he’ll be healthy enough to play until the last month of the season (if at all), but he’d probably play if he could.
I was thinking of the 6 million cap hit. So that money was already paid in previous years?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should ABSOLUTELY use this forum to comment on your frustrations. But the snarky, low level sarcasm, same line, repeated in multiple threads just today alone is weak sauce. Frankly, I think you're better than that. Love your stuff, my man.
I might have gone a little overboard yesterday. Was a natural reaction to months of me reading about how great the belly of the team was with dumbfounded incredulity, while anyone who believed differently was repeatedly bashed.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I might have gone a little overboard yesterday. Was a natural reaction to months of me reading about how great the belly of the team was with dumbfounded incredulity, while anyone who believed differently was repeatedly bashed.
I mean, you're not wrong. This board is fueled by opposing forces. No one likes to hang out in the middle. Maybe that makes me wishy washy, but it also allows me to more effectively see both sides. At the end of the day, I try to just use this site as an aggregator of info. I don't have to go hunting for it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean, you're not wrong. This board is fueled by opposing forces. No one likes to hang out in the middle. Maybe that makes me wishy washy, but it also allows me to more effectively see both sides. At the end of the day, I try to just use this site as an aggregator of info. I don't have to go hunting for it.
WHO AGGREGATES THE AGGREGATORS?!?!

You must be registered for see images attach

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Here’s a move worth making. Trevor Penning has not worked out in New Orleans. Simply put he hasn’t played well. That said, he was an excellent college player who should be able to succeed in the NFL. I think the Cards could get him for a conditional 6th round pick. I’d make that deal. Low risk; high ceiling.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would have ever thought an injury prone guy from a team that wouldn’t re-sign him would get hurt in the FIRST GAME?
I mean, call me crazy but that doesn’t seem very injury prone going out on a limb smh

Attachments

• IMG_8876.jpeg
    IMG_8876.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would have ever thought an injury prone guy from a team that wouldn’t re-sign him would get hurt in the FIRST GAME?
I’m no stranger to criticizing the Cards for signing injury prone guys, but this dude’s been pretty healthy his entire career, only missing 7 games his first 4 seasons in the league and only 1 in his last three up until this season… of course.

SOCALCARD

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m no stranger to criticizing the Cards for signing injury prone guys, but this dude’s been pretty healthy his entire career, only missing 7 games his first 4 seasons in the league and only 1 in his last three up until this season… of course.
I’m just coming in off of a 3 day suspension. Give me a break here. Need a few days to get my legs back under me and my chops back. Apparently there are lots of very thin skinned snowflakes out in da AZ. Who knew? I thought those kind of dudes only existed here in the SoCal.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just coming in off of a 3 day suspension. Give me a break here. Need a few days to get my legs back under me and my chops back. Apparently there are lots of very thin skinned snowflakes out in da AZ. Who knew? I thought those kind of dudes only existed here in the SoCal.
Thin skinned? No. What you said was 100% inappropriate. If you don't like it, we can arrange another break?

SOCALCARD

Veteran
Reaction score
Thin skinned? No. What you said was 100% inappropriate. If you don't like it, we can arrange another break?
I didn’t think it was inappropriate. That’s the way I thought most red blooded American dudes talked amongst themselves. Apparently I am being privileged with the company of country club folks that would never pollute the air with a foul word. My apologies kind sir.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t think it was inappropriate. That’s the way I thought most red blooded American dudes talked amongst themselves. Apparently I am being privileged with the company of country club folks that would never pollute the air with a foul word. My apologies kind sir.

Dude, you were just wrong factually. Coulda just said my bad and moved on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake