Cardinals QB Murray: 'Not my job' to decide when ball goes to Harrison

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Kyler said it’s the first time they played together Which is sad truth as starters all skipped the preseason out of fear of injury or stupid gamesmanship, not wanting others to see them. Fundamentally flawed coaching and philosophy.

Gannon said he don’t know cards identity, will take 4 regular season games to identify his own team, nfcw may be mostly determined by then. He is not smarter then successful coaches in history , preseason is not only for picking the back half of a roster- it’s to prepare the team for the first game That is more important then the last most the time.

This is the way to start a season so the last game is meaningless because team has no chance at the playoffs.

With that said they played well enough to win against a top team. What they was mussing should have Ben uncovered, discovered and discarded in the damn -preseason.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah? How about the stink bomb against the Rams where he cheesed his passing stats with a meaningless late drive while throwing 2 INTs and O TDs, at home, getting embarrassed again? Or how about that sterling performance against Indy team missing 10 starters, at home, when given the chance to clinch a playoff spot with a nifty QB rating of 52 and leading the team to a pathetic 16 points?

Trying to sell that idea that Kyler didn’t suck down the stretch, while given the opportunity again and again to clinch a playoff berth is whitewashing history to a degree that would make any politician blush.
The word you used was atrocious. Waching the games I dont think he was. Even the Rams game with Donald being all time great on what was a future Super Bowl winning team. 450 yards of offense from him in a game w'ere down 7 midway through the 4th. Not good enough sure, but never thought atrocious.

And again no matter how you cut it up.
"In 2020 and 2021, Murray looked the part, ranking as a top-10 quarterback with 82.8 and 82.9 overall grades, respectively.Jun 30, 2023"

You thought he was atrocious, I just dont think he played as well with "Tweezy" as his 2nd best WR at that point. So agree to disagree.

Edit: He never posted a 52 passer rating during that stretch. Unless you're bringing in stuff from a different season to make your point.

Last edited:

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler had a wonderful game. Harrison showed in the first quarter that he can catch the ball and be a valuable asset. Concerned that he was targeted 8 time and 4 catches. I’ll try to watch replay to see whether some of those misses could have been caught. Anyone have an opinion?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God, how depressing. Sounds like Kyler is being micromanaged/babied so he only has to think at a minimum. Does anyone think a guy like Mahomes or, to be fairer, Allen, has to check in with his OC to get a vibe for who needs to get the rock? Um, no. No, I don't think so.
Again, you’re proven wrong misinterpreting what Murray meant. And it’s your hatred that drives that misinterpretation.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That buffalo game had vibes of NY Giants 3 years ago or Steelers last year.... weather can impact the game. Any of you ever played outside lol

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Again, you’re proven wrong misinterpreting what Murray meant. And it’s your hatred that drives that misinterpretation.
How lame are you? I'm here to celebrate and you're here to take cheap shots. Today's a day for us to agree and you're going grade school neener neener posts. Who's the hater now?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser