Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/15/24-09/21/24

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We hadn't beat the Rams on our home field in like 9 years either. Maybe it's destiny that we win this game.
I took my brother and his wife to that game, Lions fans. We had to sit on Lions side because I screwed up and didn't get tic until the last minute.
You must be registered for see images attach

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Looking forward to see how we match up against the Lions. They are IMO a top 3 roster in the NFL and a very physical team like what JC is trying to build here. Will be a good indicator of where the defense is.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Lions will win this game by having success running the ball with Gibbs. With the Lions strong OL and the Cardinals questionable front 7, I just can't see them stopping Gibbs with much success.

However there is on area of the Lions that the Cardinals might be able to exploit when the Cardinals have the ball. The Lions LBs have a tendency to bite on Play Action. This might open things up for guys like McBride, Dortch and Wilson to have a big day working the middle of the field.

My Keys for the Cardinals to win this game:

* Heavy dose of Play Action and working the middle of the field

* Ball control by running the ball and keeping the Lions O off the field

* Turnovers on Defense. Goff has 3 INTs already this season and hasn't been making he best decisions. I would like to see the Rabbit out there as a nickleback. He has a nose for the ball.

* Also Rookie CB Terrion Arnold got lit up by Baker Mayfield last week. If he lines up on MHJr then Kyler should be able to take advantage of that matchup. Arnold also currently leads the league in Defensive Pass Interference penalties (4).

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect this to be maybe the best game in the NFL this week. It will go down to the wire.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I thought Higgins actually did a really nice job blocking this past week.
For Higgins and McBride it comes down to effort. If they put in the effort, they will be effective enough. Tip has to be borderline dominant until he can become more involved in the passing game. Just a reality when your stateline is 0-0-0-0.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For Higgins and McBride it comes down to effort. If they put in the effort, they will be effective enough. Tip has to be borderline dominant until he can become more involved in the passing game. Just a reality when your stateline is 0-0-0-0.

Yeah. Tip has to be a better blocker than our third OT if he's not going to catch passes or even run routes.