3. J-Rich
4. Hill
5. Collins/Lopez
6. Dragic
7. Dudley
8. Frye
9. Barbosa
10. Amundson

And to be honest, I can't wait to lose Frye and see what Clark has to offer. He definitely looks like a legitimate Amare back-up.

Thought I'd never see the day when DAntoni was here.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I can't wait to replace Barbosa with an actual shooting guard.

Barbosa is such a gimmick player with no basketball IQ, no mid-range game and undersized.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Well he is a backup SG now in the truest sense, no longer a 6th man that logs hefty minutes between pg/sg. For a backup SG especially one that we don't really have to rely on for many minutes at all he is fine, just overpaid.

OP
OP
B

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
I agree with CaptainInsano.

He is pretty good for 15 minutes, when he was getting 25 he was too selfish. But with a 10 man rotation, we have that luxury.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns dump Barbs, i would love them to get a player like Fernandez, something tells me he may be done in Portland and like Channing, i think he will do better on the Suns.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When will Barbosa go back in the rotation behind Dragic? During the regular season Dragic usually came in before Barbosa but that didn't happen in the playoffs against Portland.

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
We need to drop Barbosa like a hot brick. He's a D'A man. Not a Gentry man. Barbs literally makes a turn over or takes a BAD shot like 50% of the time. We don't need those kind of liability's.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
I would be really sad to see Barbosa go. For me, as a person, he is my favourite NBA player. He seems like a realy nice guy. I watched a documentary about him and how he used to grow up in a tough neighborhood in Brazil, and his leap to the NBA. And how that on the night he was drafted, the cleaner found him sleeping on the floor of the locker room, because "the carpet was much more comfortable than his at home."

These kind of stories really move me, and made me like him for who he is. For me, seeing Barbosa in a uniform other than the Suns is dificult to imagine.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I would be really sad to see Barbosa go. For me, as a person, he is my favourite NBA player. He seems like a realy nice guy. I watched a documentary about him and how he used to grow up in a tough neighborhood in Brazil, and his leap to the NBA. And how that on the night he was drafted, the cleaner found him sleeping on the floor of the locker room, because "the carpet was much more comfortable than his at home."

These kind of stories really move me, and made me like him for who he is. For me, seeing Barbosa in a uniform other than the Suns is dificult to imagine.
That's a nice post. I like Leandro in interviews, too.

It's too bad that Barbosa the ballplayer did not evolve as successfully as Barbosa the person.

He's become a ball hog, and that hurts the team more than his few good drives and 3-point shots help.

When you enter into sports competition (especially the most talent filled league in its sport), teamwork should be the most important factor on your mind.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's become a ball hog, and that hurts the team more than his few good drives and 3-point shots help.

When you enter into sports competition (especially the most talent filled league in its sport), teamwork should be the most important factor on your mind.

Except that, from what I've seen he doesn't have the personality of a ball hog. He seems to be a very team/community minded person. I think once they realized he was never going to be a true point guard the coaching staff encouraged him to develop a score first attitude. He took that message to heart and perhaps now that it's no longer as necessary the coaches are trying to more fully integrate him but that's a process not a switch.

He's not playing very well right now but IMO he's showing progress. This team was pretty good early in the season and he was a big reason why. Since his December layoff the team has gone a different direction and he has struggled to find his game and his place but I still think we're better off trying to help him get there. Once he's all the way back, we have an asset that can either help us win games or buy us something in trade.

Steve

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except that, from what I've seen he doesn't have the personality of a ball hog. He seems to be a very team/community minded person. I think once they realized he was never going to be a true point guard the coaching staff encouraged him to develop a score first attitude. He took that message to heart and perhaps now that it's no longer as necessary the coaches are trying to more fully integrate him but that's a process not a switch.

He's not playing very well right now but IMO he's showing progress. This team was pretty good early in the season and he was a big reason why. Since his December layoff the team has gone a different direction and he has struggled to find his game and his place but I still think we're better off trying to help him get there. Once he's all the way back, we have an asset that can either help us win games or buy us something in trade.

Steve

+1

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Stop taking shots at Barbosa guys. His role has diminished now that Dragic has emerged but as a scorer off the bench he's still valuable. He has to get healthy and adjust to the rest of the Solar Subs, start cutting and not hold on to the ball as much.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
I can't wait to replace Barbosa with an actual shooting guard.

Barbosa is such a gimmick player with no basketball IQ, no mid-range game and undersized.

James Hardin woulda been a nice fit.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
I think the biggest difference in barbosa is the ability to convert baskets. Im sure that will come back to him soon. A pree-season and a summer with the trainers should fix that. For me, whenever Barbs drove to the hoop last season, I used to cheer. but this season? Whenever he drove to the hoop, I cringe.

illone

Reaction score
If the Suns dump Barbs, i would love them to get a player like Fernandez, something tells me he may be done in Portland and like Channing, i think he will do better on the Suns.

Fernandez plays HORRIBLE defense.

Finally the Suns are playing good defense and you want to change things?

Rudy can shoot lights out, but the Suns need someone who can play defense. If that guy was on this team right now he'd play like 5 minutes or less per game and only come in when the Suns are up double digits because he is such a liability on the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fernandez plays HORRIBLE defense.

Finally the Suns are playing good defense and you want to change things?

Rudy can shoot lights out, but the Suns need someone who can play defense. If that guy was on this team right now he'd play like 5 minutes or less per game and only come in when the Suns are up double digits because he is such a liability on the defensive side of the ball.

Yeah, i am sure all 5 players on the court play defense. my suggestion is mostly getting cheap offense to replace Barbosa if he is gone, Fernandez will thrive on a team like the Suns. in case you haven't noticed there were a lot of times the second unit offense becomes stagnant.

illone

Reaction score
Yeah, i am sure all 5 players on the court play defense. my suggestion is mostly getting cheap offense to replace Barbosa if he is gone, Fernandez will thrive on a team like the Suns. in case you haven't noticed there were a lot of times the second unit offense becomes stagnant.

I dunno man, I don't think the Suns are ready to get rid of leandro yet.

Keep in mind he is still recovering from his injury as I don't think he is 100% as of yet.

When he is 100% he is good on defense and offense. Way better than Fernandez.

:cheers:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dunno man, I don't think the Suns are ready to get rid of leandro yet.

Keep in mind he is still recovering from his injury as I don't think he is 100% as of yet.

When he is 100% he is good on defense and offense. Way better than Fernandez.

:cheers:
Even when healthy his defense sucked not to mention he plays 1 on 5 on offense. :(

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
I want barbosa to stay. I am confident he can get back to the stage he waas about 2-3 years ago... As a lightning quick and effective scorer off the bench.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve

krazyasiankid and you have the right perspective. It will be a sad day when LB leaves the Suns. It's like the Suns have raised him.