2010 Cardinals Free Agents

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
But is anybody else concerned about all the free agents we have? Along with the Boldin headache, we have 9 starters due.

No becuase every other team in the league is in the same boat. Way to early to be worried about guys that may not even be starters when the season starts, are easily replaced, already drafted their replacement, will be easy to re-sign, or will just plain old be re-signed.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rolle as a huge escalator coming, I don't think he'll be on the team next season

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Quite a few of the guys don't appear to be long term prospects. Maybe they will be, maybe they won't, but like the TE position, odds are we could re-sign the two best we have, draft a kid, and sign another journeymen and we might end up with a better te core. That said, this year's TE core might be the best we've had in a decade or more.

Overall I would say we are in pretty good shape. We're in pretty good shape to blow up some of our ol if they don't do well this year. We're in pretty good shape as said earlier to do that to our TE's as well. Also to note 2 of our 4 te's will be RFA's, and one of them (not one of the 2 future rfa's) most people want to or think will be cut this year anyways (pope).

Other things that jump out at me
Bryan Robinson is 35 right now, I doubt his asking price would increase very much from his current contract. Also expecting a guy who is 35 right now to break the bank would not be smart. If we re-sign him it would be on the cheap.

Breaston is a RFA, and we all know we know he's worth keeping around, and should get top qualifying offer. No one will match that. So 2010 should really be 2011.

Urban = cheap re-signing, or loses spot to say Doucet.

Gandy, and Lutui will be fa's but Sendlein will be a (ERFA). Again it's not so bad. Some people wouldn't mind two of three gone anyways. Not saying they're right or wrong, but we have another year to guage them.

I doubt okeafor or berry are on the team in 2010. Their age, injuries, and desired salary the main issues. Even then neither is a lock to make this team, this year.

After that it's Gabe Watson and Neil Rackers.( edit: whoops and e.brown)

Kickers aren't that expensive. Some people want Rackers gone, and I doubt he'll ever get 2 mill or above a season. So it's on us to re-sign him or decide not to, money shouldn't be a factor.

So as long as we re-sign Dansby, next year seems fairly low key. Of course watch Watson blow up and someone throw 50 million at Gandy or Lutui, but other than that, (and if we still want them) we don't have much to worry about. Again, we have options. If we can't re-sign all 3 ol (if we want to), we still will be able to probably keep the best one or two.

Here's the list of cardinals scheduled to be ufa or rfa's (or erfa's) after this season according to their list.

Quarterback
Brian St. Pierre

Running Back
Dan Kreider

Wide Receiver
Steve Breaston (RFA)
Jerheme Urban
Kelley Washington

Tight End
Leonard Pope
Anthony Becht
Ben Patrick (RFA)
Stephen Spach (RFA)

Offensive Tackle
Mike Gandy
Elliot Vallejo(RFA)

Guard
Deuce Lutui
Elton Brown

Center
Lyle Sendlein (ERFA)
Ben Claxton

Defensive End
Keilen Dykes N/A

Nose Tackle
Bryan Robinson
Gabe Watson

Rush Linebacker
Chike Okeafor
Bert Berry

Inside Linebacker
Karlos Dansby
Victor Hobson

Cornerback
Ralph Brown
Michael Adams (RFA)

Safety
Matt Ware

Special Teamer
Neil Rackers

Last edited:

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Whizz is going to continue to turn over the team based on competition just like it was done in Pittsburgh, and I for one think its a great idea...

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Is this part of being set back 10 years for beating the Vikings in 2003?