2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
WTF is ESPN doing? They lost Woj and now decided to fire Lowe? Their basketball coverage was finally improving and moving in a good direction for the first time in a decade or so, since Chad Ford and Hollinger left around when Bill Simmons started getting high on his own farts before leaving also.

Simmons got out right before ESPN went to crap. It’s not even good as background noise anymore and the clowns they surrounded Lowe with was insulting. I’m sure they’ll replace Woj with Shams who is equally non-compelling when he’s not tweeting out breaking news.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t that true of any move though that doesn’t turn out to be successful?!?

Also, Bridges was going to be included in any trade for a star.

I disagree with the premise Mikal Bridges had to be traded, but I prefer we move on to other topics.

The Suns didn't trade as much value for 3× NBA All-Star Bradley Beal. Yes, I no Beal has a no trade clause, but there will always be something.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree with the premise Mikal Bridges had to be traded, but I prefer we move on to other topics.

The Suns didn't trade as much value for 3× NBA All-Star Bradley Beal. Yes, I no Beal has a no trade clause, but there will always be something.
We will have to disagree because there is practically zero shot of getting the player you need without including Bridges.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

man... you're making a lot of specious arguments that continually leaves a ton of context out. We didn't have to give up much for Beal because of his no-trade clause. The Wiz were DYING to get rid of him because he hasn't shown the 3X All-Star form in years, is chronically injured and has one of the worst contracts in the NBA.

But again... you know all of those things so why make such a specious argument in the first place?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man... you're making a lot of specious arguments that continually leaves a ton of context out. We didn't have to give up much for Beal because of his no-trade clause. The Wiz were DYING to get rid of him because he hasn't shown the 3X All-Star form in years, is chronically injured and has one of the worst contracts in the NBA.

But again... you know all of those things so why make such a specious argument in the first place?

He mentioned the NTC. Why are you attacking him for not spelling everything about the NTC out?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

If it is what happened at the end of the day, then evidently that was a component to getting the deal done. I know you like Bridges, but NJ said this is what we want, Ishbia said yes, and the deal was done. At the end of the day Ishbia had to decide if keeping Bridges was greater than getting KD. He felt it was better to get KD. We all can argue what would have been better, what we should have done, etc., it's not what happened. Bottom line is we have a Suns team that is frustrating in that we haven't won a title. It is still one of the better teams in the NBA. It's WAY better than what we had for Booker's formative years. According to Ishbia, and to paraphrase someone famous, "We aren't going back."

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1000%.

I've come to expect it from certain posters.

It's funny too since Beal is now talked about almost the exact opposite way KD is. Both have underachieved here and weren't good trades, overall, but we didn't pay close to what KD cost for Beal. A handful of 2nd round picks and an expiring CaarP3 wasn't bad, especially since we were able to unload Shamet as well. I'd still do the Beal trade now. We managed to acquire 5 2nd picks last off season with scraps, replacing those that we gave up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny too since Beal is now talked about almost the exact opposite way KD is. Both have underachieved here and weren't good trades, overall, but we didn't pay close to what KD cost for Beal. A handful of 2nd round picks and an expiring CaarP3 wasn't bad, especially since we were able to unload Shamet as well. I'd still do the Beal trade now. We managed to acquire 5 2nd picks last off season with scraps, replacing those that we gave up.

The Suns were trying to find star level talent when they made the trade for Beal. I don't blame them for making this trade. They certainly didn't overpay.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hawks agree to a deal with Daeqwon Plowden.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns were trying to find star level talent when they made the trade for Beal. I don't blame them for making this trade. They certainly didn't overpay.
They certainly did if what we have seen out of him is all we get with that contract and the no trade clause.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They certainly did if what we have seen out of him is all we get with that contract and the no trade clause.

The same owner and GM made both trades. So you like one trade and not the other?

Where were the Suns going to get another star with minimal assets?

The Suns proved it could be done even without Bridges.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The same owner and GM made both trades. So you like one trade and not the other?

Please tell me you don't think Bradley Beal and Kevin Durant are at the same level.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Beal was a negative asset for Washington. He is getting paid $50-ish M per year, and has a no trade clause. The two situations are not even remotely similar.