2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns did make it to the Finals with Bridges. Where has Durant taken the Suns?
Got a lot of help along the way from other teams. How did they do the following year? How did Bridges do last year still being the featured guy?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That changes none of what I said. It can all be true.

I don’t really care what has happened to the Nets. I care about the Suns, we got worse, we are not a contender, our long term outlook is about as bad as could be imagined, and all of that seemed highly probable when we agreed to the trade.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
There isn’t one. It’s that simple. The Suns were going nowhere without getting another star. That couldn’t be clearer.

Exactly. Suns were going nowhere without another star, and they weren't getting another star without giving up their best asset (Bridges.)
I understand people saying it turned out to be a mistake, but I don't see how anybody can dispute the claims that Phoenix was not going anywhere with Booker being their number one guy and Bridges their number two guy, or that Bridges had to be included in any trade for am actual star.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The Suns did make it to the Finals with Bridges. Where has Durant taken the Suns?

Suns made it to the finals because of Chris Paul, not Mikal Bridges. The problem was that CP3 fell off significantly the following season (no surprise, due to his age.) Mikal Bridges is my favorite role player in the entire league, but you are going nowhere if he is your second best player. Booker is NOT the number one guy either. Beal is a poor man's Booker while KD is one of the best players in the history of the NBA. Neither Beal nor Bridges are remotely in that category. Nobody is going to give you KD (or any superstar) for Cam Jonson, Jae Crowder, and a few picks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns made it to the finals because of Chris Paul, not Mikal Bridges. The problem was that CP3 fell off significantly the following season (no surprise, due to his age.) Mikal Bridges is my favorite role player in the entire league, but you are going nowhere if he is your second best player. Booker is NOT the number one guy either. Beal is a poor man's Booker while KD is one of the best players in the history of the NBA. Neither Beal nor Bridges are remotely in that category. Nobody is going to give you KD (or any superstar) for Cam Jonson, Jae Crowder, and a few picks.

Stars have been moved for less.

No one has given up a package like we did for a player as old as Durant… ever, not even close. He’s a “generational talent” at the end of his generation.

You don’t gut your present and future for a guy in their mid 30s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05