2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns did make it to the Finals with Bridges. Where has Durant taken the Suns?
Got a lot of help along the way from other teams. How did they do the following year? How did Bridges do last year still being the featured guy?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
There isn’t one. It’s that simple. The Suns were going nowhere without getting another star. That couldn’t be clearer.

Exactly. Suns were going nowhere without another star, and they weren't getting another star without giving up their best asset (Bridges.)
I understand people saying it turned out to be a mistake, but I don't see how anybody can dispute the claims that Phoenix was not going anywhere with Booker being their number one guy and Bridges their number two guy, or that Bridges had to be included in any trade for am actual star.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The Suns did make it to the Finals with Bridges. Where has Durant taken the Suns?

Suns made it to the finals because of Chris Paul, not Mikal Bridges. The problem was that CP3 fell off significantly the following season (no surprise, due to his age.) Mikal Bridges is my favorite role player in the entire league, but you are going nowhere if he is your second best player. Booker is NOT the number one guy either. Beal is a poor man's Booker while KD is one of the best players in the history of the NBA. Neither Beal nor Bridges are remotely in that category. Nobody is going to give you KD (or any superstar) for Cam Jonson, Jae Crowder, and a few picks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns made it to the finals because of Chris Paul, not Mikal Bridges. The problem was that CP3 fell off significantly the following season (no surprise, due to his age.) Mikal Bridges is my favorite role player in the entire league, but you are going nowhere if he is your second best player. Booker is NOT the number one guy either. Beal is a poor man's Booker while KD is one of the best players in the history of the NBA. Neither Beal nor Bridges are remotely in that category. Nobody is going to give you KD (or any superstar) for Cam Jonson, Jae Crowder, and a few picks.

Stars have been moved for less.

No one has given up a package like we did for a player as old as Durant… ever, not even close. He’s a “generational talent” at the end of his generation.

You don’t gut your present and future for a guy in their mid 30s.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There isn’t one. It’s that simple. The Suns were going nowhere without getting another star. That couldn’t be clearer.

Says the guy who thought KD would lead us to a title and we HAD to trade for him. Sorry but your views on what would work and wouldn't isn't exactly infallible.

This is part of my problem with these discussions. We seem to all admit that KD trade wasn't a good trade but the side that supported it when it happened won't stop at admitting it wasn't good. They want alternatives that meet a specific criteria they set when clearly their idea of what would turn this team into a title winner is off. Those who didn't like the trade didn't like it from day 1 because we felt it wouldn't ever produce a title, which is the only thing that could justify paying such an exorbitant price. Why do we need to come up with alternatives that pass the sniff test of those who thought the initial trade passed the sniff test? That's why these discussions end up dragging on and on and its ridiculous.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
And Ayton and CP3, etc. You are making it sound like Booker and Brides were players 1 and 1A on the team. What's up? Why the freak out about Bridges now? Monday is our Media Day. Enjoy a new season starting. You can believe whatever you want. I can believe had the Lakers not had Wilt's rights we could have signed him out of retirement and won our first NBA championship. It does neither of us any good in reality. :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Preach!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Stars have been moved for less.

No one has given up a package like we did for a player as old as Durant… ever, not even close. He’s a “generational talent” at the end of his generation.

You don’t gut your present and future for a guy in their mid 30s.
True. But that wasn't the deal Ishbia made. Yes, we did trade for KD, and truthfully, he's been healthier and played better than many here thought he would. Here we go again about picks that will be at the end of round one. Yes we could have held this picks and traded for lesser players than KD, or get one great player in KD, yada, Yad, yada. We all know each sides points by now. I should have @Chris_Sanders give bans to people bringing this topic up again. Last time I made my points about the trade everyone brow beat me over it. Now @Mainstreet is saying we could trade for Beal without including Bridges who we didn't even have his rights anymore. WTF kind of argument is that? I love you @Mainstreet, but those gummies must be good!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Says the guy who thought KD would lead us to a title and we HAD to trade for him. Sorry but your views on what would work and wouldn't isn't exactly infallible.

This is part of my problem with these discussions. We seem to all admit that KD trade wasn't a good trade but the side that supported it when it happened won't stop at admitting it wasn't good. They want alternatives that meet a specific criteria they set when clearly their idea of what would turn this team into a title winner is off. Those who didn't like the trade didn't like it from day 1 because we felt it wouldn't ever produce a title, which is the only thing that could justify paying such an exorbitant price. Why do we need to come up with alternatives that pass the sniff test of those who thought the initial trade passed the sniff test? That's why these discussions end up dragging on and on and its ridiculous.
KD's play has not been why we haven't won the title. Dude has balled out, ESPECIALLY at his age. You can argue we paid too much all you want. It's not KD's fault we haven't won it all.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20 and it is hilarious that the haters are trying to use the "I told you so" argument when the results of the trade aren't even determined yet. That's b9th on the title side and yes, on the pick side as well.