2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nevermind.

Just stop distorting others arguments. That stuff is really lame, especially if you’re going to constantly play the victim.

Apply the same standards to yourself that you try to impose on others. Many points have been made but you continue to grasp at straws for some sort of gotcha while continually asking questions but ignoring everyone else's. That's not how discussions work, at least discussions in good faith.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay… I’ll post this again since you completely ignored most of this post the first time, instead responding only to the last paragraph, which you totally distorted and led with the personal jab that I “respond to what you think I said rather than what I really said.”

So again, care to actually respond to any of these facts/questions?

1. Do You really believe that because Beal made All-Star teams two years before we traded for him meant he was still a star last summer, even though his body completely broke down for his last two years with the Wiz, where he couldn’t stay healthy to save his life and his level of play from two years previous dropped dramatically?

2. Will acknowledge that NO ONE EVER SAID Bridges needed to be moved to get a “star”, much less one of Beal’s dubious level. The argument was Bridges needed to be moved if we ever wanted to get a LEGIT #1 STAR or at least a 1b star because a lot of us don’t think Booker is a guy you can win a title with as the number one option/leader of the team.

You can disagree with that, but I really hope you stop distorting what a lot of us are saying that we needed to trade Bridges for any kind of star.

I see you cut short my first sentence. This is what I actually said. See below:

"Sometimes I wonder if you are responding to what you think I said rather than what I really said."

Please don't cut things off. Do you expect me to discuss points 1 and 2 with your lead and ending?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see you cut short my first sentence. This is what I actually said. See below:

"Sometimes I wonder if you are responding to what you think I said rather than what I really said."

Jesus. Main, just because you typed the entire sentence doesn’t stop it from being a personal jab.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apply the same standards to yourself that you try to impose on others. Many points have been made but you continue to grasp at straws for some sort of gotcha while continually asking questions but ignoring everyone else's. That's not how discussions work, at least discussions in good faith.

Could you show me examples of questions I’ve asked are gotchas? That’s never my intent as I’m almost always trying to provide facts that bolster my argument so if that’s how they’re coming off, I can look to change that. But I’m more confused by the idea that I’m ignoring everyone else’s questions. Ive responded to your questions with nothing but basketball. If there’s questions I’ve ignored, I’d be happy to answer them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus. Main, just because you typed the entire sentence doesn’t stop it from being a personal jab.

So much for trying to figure out why we disagree so much.

Your methodology seems purposeful. Also, you lead off this sentence with a reference you knew would be offensive to my religious beliefs.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Your methodology seems purposeful. Also, you lead off this sentence with a reference you knew would be offensive to my religious beliefs.
Come on, really? Are you for real? In what world do you live in where you think that?? You've been here too long to even remotely consider that to be a purposeful insult.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Main… I have no idea or care what religion you are, nor was anything said with purpose to offend your religious belief. It’s a figure of speech to show exasperation. I’m sorry that offended you. It wasn’t intentional or some pointed slam against Christian beliefs.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beal gets injured and is no longer a star but KD gets injured, torn Achilles at that, and doesn't lose value? Do you not see the double standard? Literally everything you said about Beal can be applied to KD except KD has more miles on him.
That's not remotely the same thing. We were HOPING to get that All-Star Beal last year. We didn't. We were hoping to get that KD and he was arguably a top 10 player all season long. That's not a double standard. That is the results of their play last year. KD is still one of the best players in the league even if he is slowing down. Until Beal proves otherwise he isn't. KD proved he could still play at that level post injury. Has Beal? I don't see the comparison at all. I hope he rebounds to that level this year just like I hope KD can play at the same level. Maybe with the additions we can make some noise.

Bottom line is the fact we were able to acquire Beal who hasn't proved he can still play at that level (All-Star) is not a good example of "you see we can get All-stars without trading someone like Bridges" to throw out there. That's a poor argument unless he returns to form.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Main… I have no idea or care what religion you are, nor was anything said with purpose to offend your religious belief. It’s a figure of speech to show exasperation. I’m sorry that offended you. It wasn’t intentional or some pointed slam against Christian beliefs.

Why don't we leave every thing here and start anew some other day. I'd like for the forum to be like family. It's achievable.