3,000 Post: So Do We Start 2006 on Monday Night Against the Hawks?

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
So with the new stadium, it would be great for the NFL to start us off on Monday Night Football against the Seahawks. I think with them making the Superbowl, and being a division foe, it would make a decent game that people would watch.

My friend says that every team with a new stadium gets the first Monday Night game, but I don't think that's correct. Did the Bengals get the first Monday Night game when they got their stadium? I can't remember...

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sunday night football on NBC would not be bad. I always liked how NBC covered the AFC and Madden amd Michaels will be the NBC announcers. I know Bob Costas will be involved also.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
don't count on it

seattle got a regular old game (against the cardinals - and yes I know who won that - I was there.................... f'ers)

I would be suprised if the NFL would think that there would be that much nationwide interest to schedule a national game for the opening of the cards stadium

personally I'd love it if they did - but would be shocked to see it happen

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will not have amonday night game. Wishful thinking!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
we probably wont get a national tv game, unless we are in the playoff hunt at the end of the season.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was kinda thinking we may get the opening Sunday night game agaimst the Bears. The Bears would produce a high rating and could be hyped with the "old rivalry", along with the new stadium.
Either that or we will open on the road and appear on the second Sunday night game.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
I bet they will give the Cards a team like SF or Houston for the stadium opener. Much like they gave the Hawks Arizona for theirs.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
Yes, I want an opening Sunday Day game at home on opening day. Against either the 49ers, Rams, or some other bad team so hopefully, the Cards actually start the season off at 1-0. It sure would be nice to start the season off with some hope this year.

I can wait and let the national exposesure happen when the Cards earn it.

njlawrence

RIP, Jim
Reaction score
I wish it would be Seahawks but I just don't think they have a draw east of the Rockies. So I'm going to say a Sunday afternoon game against the 'Boys, hopefully the opener. I want the nation to see us play them without the stands full of their fans!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
These are always the dumbest threads ever. We won't have a national broadcast game at all next year. We definitely won't have one on the first week, and I think the odds that we get a Monday Night game (on ESPN), are only 50-50, since we're not playing in Mexico, or anything.

No one in Arizona wants to watch the Cardinals. The number of people who want to that live in, say, New York or Los Angeles (the only viewers the NFL cares about) is even smaller.

In Week 1, Seattle may host Chicago or visit Carolina, but Pittsburgh hosting Denver will likely be the Thursday night kickoff game. The Seattle game will be the week-ender.

The NFL loves to play Conference Championship rematches on Opening Week.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Don't be surprised...

If we play the Bears for the opener in the new stadium on Sunday night. They will guarantee a sell out for the home opener, it will draw a lot of people otherwise uninterested in the Cardinals to the new stadium, every Bears fan in the country will watch, no matter who they play and with Josh McCown being the starting QB for Chicago there will be more of a story line (The last part is a stretch maybe, but he is a Bears kind of player and there QB situation is definitely NOT settled...and we are stupid enough to let him go)

Just a thought, but I will not be surprised if any of this happens!:bhiich:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the league wants a guaranteed sell-out, I predict we'll open vs. Dallas.

If the league wants the Cardinals to win their home opener, the Niners would make the most sense (not that winning would be a slam dunk).