$34 mil in Cap Money

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyone got any idea what we can do with all this cap money? Any guesses how much Mr. Bidwill might just decide to keep? A lot was made to do about all this money and now we have nowhere to spend it. It is beginning to look like we will have no choice but to draft a QB and let him compete with McCown to see who starts. Since we are not going to the playoffs anyway maybe that will not be all bad. Our final and perhaps only ploy may be to trade for Griese which may be the only way we can get a QB. If he hits the open market there will be takers and he is not going to select us. I am no Jeff George fan but if that is all that is left bring him on down.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Maybe Bidwill's just going to stay $30 million under the cap and pocket his payroll windfall. I wouldn't put it past him. :\

Say what you will about guys like Dan Snyder, at least they're willing to put out money for their team.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan H
Maybe Bidwill's just going to stay $30 million under the cap and pocket his payroll windfall. I wouldn't put it past him. :\

Say what you will about guys like Dan Snyder, at least they're willing to put out money for their team.

Bidwill has always spent money so I dont get this statement. Please tell me when he hasent?

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different now. He has bills to pay for the stadium. I bet he has his little puppet trying to save every thin dime he can...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Bidwill has always spent money so I dont get this statement. Please tell me when he hasent?

Additionally, he would be penalized for underspending since I understand there is a salary floor as well. Poeple think Bidwill is cheap...well if so cheap people don't throw their money away like that.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Additionally, he would be penalized for underspending since I understand there is a salary floor as well. Poeple think Bidwill is cheap...well if so cheap people don't throw their money away like that.

The most cap room a team can have open is like 10 million, so basically we HAVE TO spend at least 24 million, which means at least this team will improve a little.

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by john h
Any guesses how much Mr. Bidwill might just decide to keep? A lot was made to do about all this money and now we have nowhere to spend it.
I have been really afraid to post this, but out of the players the Cardinals brought in, how many have signed with other teams? None. They are all still out there and the Cardinals still have the money to sign them. Let's see what happens.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I'm not panicking that much. I honestly think Graves knows what he is doing as far as not signing these guys right away. Teams tend to get foolish at this time of the year, signing guys to ridiculous contracts. Graves is waiting until the market is settled, and then he will get guys in.

Our own free agents think way too high of themselves, and we should wait and sign them when their price tag drops a little.

We still have a great shot at signing some pretty good talent. If we can bring in a Qb (Blake or Stewart) sign an impact defensive free agent (Colvin) and some mid-tier/potential guys (Thornton and/or Okeafor) we will be in much better shape.

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
Yes all of our prospects have not signed anywhere. I think all of us were concerned after no one was offered contracts, and everyother team was signing players right and left. If we do not sign anyone by next Wednesday, then this team is in big trouble. Graves and CO. had better be doing some serious negotiating with Colvin, Holliday, Okeafor, Jackson, and a new Qb. Waiting for the June 1 cuts will not help this team. We have a golden opportunity to sign 3-4 top tier FA's, and head into the draft with serious momentum!!

pinnacle

Reaction score
teams HAVE to spend 90% of the $75 million...so worst case we will spend ($35 - $7.5 (10% of $75 Mil ) a$27.5 mil more at a minimum ..probably more like $34 million.. ..we cannot get to $27.5 mil by resigning our own marginal free agents..we will sign some free agents ..probably only spend $4 million on rookies.. so we will spend at least $25 million on new free agents. This is consistent with graves say that he will bring in approx 6 new free agents..at least 5 of the 6 will be immediate starters on the depth chart..

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
I agree untill we lose one of our visitors it doesn't matter. It might be painstaking to wait, but the money is still there. It is all just speculation at this point. Not one of our "prospectives" has signed YET and we will not lose out on all seven or whatever the number we have brought in. The whole thing is giving me a major headache. It is very frustrating though.

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Re: Re: $34 mil in Cap Money

Originally posted by Alan
I have been really afraid to post this, but out of the players the Cardinals brought in, how many have signed with other teams? None.
I just had to open my trap. John Thornton has reached a deal with the Bengals.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Just keep scratching them off the list.

So far I LOVE Rod Graves plan. Time just keeps on ticking away.

Tick...Tick...Tick

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
Well that didn't last long. And then there was six........then five.... then four... the nada!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me is the money that is being given out to what has been called the worst free agent group ever.

Do you think that maybe the Cardinals have been surprised by the money given to mediocre players and have had to rethink their plan on free agents? "OK we're not going to pay that much for role players so we'll just have to focus on the 2-3 guys we really want and look for depth this summer and in the draft".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22