Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You just made Mitch's day!

McElroy in the 5th round :D

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what a crazy undertaking something like this is, so I won't nitpick--I think overall the Cards daft is pretty solid (and Mitch is going to love it because you have McElroy going to us--other than to say you guys are suffering from groupthink delusions over there to have two mocks from two different people without a QB going in the top-7 (which is littered with QB-needy teams).

I know Gabbert and Newton aren't the prospects that we've had in the past few years, but they'll still go faster than that, IMO.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i like what we get in this draft, i'm just not sure your first round is realistic. BOTH qb's dropping that far with multiple teams in the top 10 needing qb's seems insane.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why do people keep projecting RBs to us? Our depth chart at the position is full with actual NFL players.

If we draft a CB with legit WRs and DEs on the board in the 2nd, I will be incredibly upset.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You just made Mitch's day!

McElroy in the 5th round :D

NFL smoke screen at the extreme? Only the Seahawks had representation at his Pro Day. :eek:

I like a lot of the choices for the Cards but SILB wasn't addressed and that can't happen.

I'm with Stout, not sure about the CB Harris for us in the 2nd rd. It will be interesting to see if Horton does get to or wants to draft a CB.

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
Rudolph's injury concern is a hamstring injury from hell. A hamstring tendon avulsion is serious . That's the sort of injury that when it happens to a dog, you have to put it to sleep because it will never be able to run again and it will walk with a limp for the rest of it's life.

Essentially what happens is when the hamstring gets injured, instead of the tenden fraying and tearing, the muscle pulls the tendon right off the bone and takes part of the bone with it. A few years ago an athlete would never return to full strength. Procedures are better now but most patients still have some effects for years, at the very least it's half a year of Physical Therapy. I wouldn't touch Rudolph with anything higher than a 6th rounder.

Tommie Harris had a similar injury in 2007 and that was a nightmare for the Bears. He was a Probowler for 3 straight years and he was never the same. They just released him last month when it was perfectly obvious he would never be the same player. I hate the Bears but I would never wish that on anybody.

Stay the hell away from Rudolph with 38 and 69 and 103 and 136.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn't complain at all with that draft. That said I would rather not take a CB in the second. Love the Stocker pick.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rudolph's injury concern is a hamstring injury from hell. A hamstring tendon avulsion is serious . That's the sort of injury that when it happens to a dog, you have to put it to sleep because it will never be able to run again and it will walk with a limp for the rest of it's life.

Essentially what happens is when the hamstring gets injured, instead of the tenden fraying and tearing, the muscle pulls the tendon right off the bone and takes part of the bone with it. A few years ago an athlete would never return to full strength. Procedures are better now but most patients still have some effects for years, at the very least it's half a year of Physical Therapy. I wouldn't touch Rudolph with anything higher than a 6th rounder.

Tommie Harris had a similar injury in 2007 and that was a nightmare for the Bears. He was a Probowler for 3 straight years and he was never the same. They just released him last month when it was perfectly obvious he would never be the same player. I hate the Bears but I would never wish that on anybody.

Stay the hell away from Rudolph with 38 and 69 and 103 and 136.

Good write up.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I almost quit reading after I saw Clayborn to TB in ROUND 2, but figured that was remotely, very remotely, plausible, but did stop after I saw Heyward at 58. Why even publish such garbage? The only way 57 players get picked before Heyward is if he falls down a flight of stairs between now and April 28. He'd be lucky to make it to the Cards at 38 and, if he does, they better take him.

There's other very unlikely picks in there as well. Houston, Hankerson, Wilson,House and Hudson all seem to be off the board much too early. It's more likely that Butler and Virginia Commonwealth make the final 4 in the same year than these things happening :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05