A 2 Time MVP gets no respect

CardsFan222

Rookie
Reaction score
I just dont understand why Nash can be beat up all game and not get the calls that other players get?????

Nash was molested at the end of that game and they call a jump ball????????????????????????????????????????

If that was Kobe you know the refs would have called it

When Is Nash going to get MVP respect??????

We all know about the treatment Star players get in the NBA. Kobe, AI, TD, and the old timers like MJ, Barkley, and Ewing. They have always got the benefit of the doubt with the refs

Why not Nash?????

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because its Kobe and the Lakers... against Steve Nash and the Suns...

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
Look, the most Orwellian ref decision in that game occurred in the second quarter when Kobe was in quick succession assessed his 3rd and 4th fouls, only to have the 3rd quickly rescinded. There was little question in my mind that anyone else could have remotely been responsible for foul 3. If he gets his 4th in the middle of the 2nd quarter, it is a very different game.....

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, Kobe wasn't even near committing that third foul. The ref even put up 3 4 on his hands going to the table. There was no doubt that the foul was on Cook, but the table and the announcers were confused. Let's not get crazy here and start imagining things that didn't happen. Kobe was correctly given his 3rd foul and sat, after the scorer's table almost gave him a 4th foul that was not earned.

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad that amused you. Without the benefit of replay, or having taped the game myself, I cannot confirm what you say. When I saw the play, it didn't seem controversial at all--Kobe was the nearest laker by far. But I've been wrong before....

BTW, I'm not a conspiracy theorist on the order of some around here. But I am suspicious of the ref's unwillingness to foul out star players. In this case, it seemed egregious.

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D-Dogg is a homer a kobe jocker haha ignore him the lakers are always innocent and have committed no fouls this whole series!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phil wouldn't have kept Kobe in the game if he had committed his third foul. He would have pulled him instantly, just like he did a play or two later when he got his third foul.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
D-Dogg is a homer a kobe jocker haha ignore him the lakers are always innocent and have committed no fouls this whole series!

golfcardfan is a homer a nash jocker haha ignore him the suns are always innocent and have committed no fouls this whole series!

"hahaha you're a homer" arguments may work for trolls, but try to step up your game if you're dealing with me.

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
dude your a fool! if you had any objectivity you would admit the refs have given and I mean given the lakers games in this series? Can you do that?

Whatever go away to a lakers board loser!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
dude your a fool! if you had any objectivity you would admit the refs have given and I mean given the lakers games in this series? Can you do that?

Thanks for never reading my posts.

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My appologies I am sick of reading any lakers fans ramblings about how this has been a fair series!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Thanks for never reading my posts.

He's been banned...sorry about all this D-Dogg...

He was banned before, begged for a chance to come back, said he would be nice...and he's done nothing but continue being an idiot, lol.

ASFN has no room for guys like him.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was seriously uncalled for what golfcardfan stated.

Some people unfortunatley do not appreciate a second chance.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
He's been banned...sorry about all this D-Dogg...

He was banned before, begged for a chance to come back, said he would be nice...and he's done nothing but continue being an idiot, lol.

ASFN has no room for guys like him.

I hate to see a guy get banned but if he's been a problem case then I completely understand. No need to apologize to me...I fully understand the heat and emotions a lot of people are feeling during this series...that's the excitement of playoff basketball I love though, when every game is incredibly important.

I'm not trying to instigate anything by posting on this board (which is why I refrained from posting on Sunday after the game), I just enjoy debating a series and its strategy with the opposing teams fans a lot more than falling into circle-j's on Lakers boards when there is a lot of work left to do. This board has a great many intelligent, fine posters with good bball knowledge.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
I hate to see a guy get banned but if he's been a problem case then I completely understand. No need to apologize to me...I fully understand the heat and emotions a lot of people are feeling during this series...that's the excitement of playoff basketball I love though, when every game is incredibly important.

I'm not trying to instigate anything by posting on this board (which is why I refrained from posting on Sunday after the game), I just enjoy debating a series and its strategy with the opposing teams fans a lot more than falling into circle-j's on Lakers boards when there is a lot of work left to do. This board has a great many intelligent, fine posters with good bball knowledge.

Good thing you didn't get your request about banning me...

;)
:D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To clarify for those who can't read sarcasm...I never asked for golfcardfan to be banned. Hell, he's a Card fan...I could never ask for that.

Chaplin however, can we ban this guy please for being a Suns fan in Los Angeles? Dirty poster if I've ever seen one. I think he's a troll and he'll turn around and start posting about the Lakers non-stop in the next round!

:p

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
To clarify for those who can't read sarcasm...I never asked for golfcardfan to be banned. Hell, he's a Card fan...I could never ask for that.

Chaplin however, can we ban this guy please for being a Suns fan in Los Angeles? Dirty poster if I've ever seen one. I think he's a troll and he'll turn around and start posting about the Lakers non-stop in the next round!

:p

That's right, mostly about how much I want to Clippers to sweep them! :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05