Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Dog's Purpose

Release date: January 27, 2017
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Lasse Hallstrom
MPAA Rating: PG (for thematic elements and some peril)
Screenwriters: W. Bruce Cameron, Cathryn Michon, Audrey Wells, Maya Forbes, Wally Wolodarsky
Genre: Family

Starring: Dennis Quaid, Peggy Lipton, Britt Robertson, K.J. Apa, Juilet Rylance, Luke Kirby, John Ortiz, Pooch Hall, Josh Gad

Plot Summary: Based on the beloved bestselling novel by W. Bruce Cameron, "A Dog’s Purpose," from director Lasse Hallström ("The Cider House Rules," "Dear John," "The 100-Foot Journey"), shares the soulful and surprising story of one devoted dog (voiced by Josh Gad) who finds the meaning of his own existence through the lives of the humans he teaches to laugh and love. The family film told from the dog’s perspective also stars Dennis Quaid, Peggy Lipton, Britt Robertson, K.J. Apa, Juilet Rylance, Luke Kirby, John Ortiz and Pooch Hall.

"A Dog’s Purpose" is produced by Gavin Polone ("Zombieland," TV’s "Gilmore Girls"). The film from Amblin Entertainment and Walden Media is executive produced by Alan Blomquist and Mark Sourian, and it will be distributed by Universal Pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Who is going to boycott this because of the leak video of the dog not wanting to get into the water. I'm a huge dog/animal lover and the video wasn't that bad. The only really bad part was at the end when the dog went under the water, but they people jumped to his rescue pretty quick. People are going a little over board with it.

I'll be watching it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My wife saw it last night. She also thought the video was much ado about nothing.

That said, she thought the movie was not that good.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
My wife saw it last night. She also thought the video was much ado about nothing.

That said, she thought the movie was not that good.

I will not be watching this one in the theatre....but maybe on netflix or some streaming service. I will say the premise and the previews make me misty eyed...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see it but my kids and wife did. They all enjoyed it. Said they balled their eyes out. All they did when they got home was hug our dog.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky