A few reasons WHY we've got a shot...

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1./ A team seldom gets blown out twice by the same team. Coaches watch film and make adjustments.

2./ Intensity: With the Eagles already planning their "victory" parade do we need any more motivation??

3./ Kurt's mobility: If he'll pick up the 1st on a 3rd & 3 and keep the drive going, rather than force a bad throw down-field, that will be HUGE. I see the "invisible man" from the 1st (2) play-off games--J.J. Arrington--playing a HUGE role with check-offs when the pressure comes.

4./ NOISE!!!: The Eagles can say it won't matter, BUT it will. Ask the Falcons!

5./ ...And lastly, the GOD-Factor. More than the Kurt Warner story (ie; rags to riches to rags and back to riches again.) Billions of people will be tuned into this. Think God will be watching? YUP! Does that mean the ball will bounce a certain way?? Probably not! BUT think of Tony Dungy's Colts. After winning the Super Bowl he said that a Championship could be WON Gods' way. Here's a conditional "promise" by GOD. "IF you lift me up, I will lift you up."

GO CARDS! SHOCK THE WORLD!! WE BELIEVE!!!:D

Dawkins2112

Registered
Reaction score
With the Eagles already planning their "victory" parade do we need any more motivation??

I hate to burst your bubble but while the fans may be planning the parade, the team is as focused as I've ever seen them. They'll be coming to play, trust me.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
the team is as focused as I've ever seen them. They'll be coming to play, trust me.

really -- how do you know. you been at practice. You been there live?

seriously -- you have no idea -- just like any Cardinal fan here has no idea what the mindset of the Cardinal is.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

seriously -- you have no idea -- just like any Cardinal fan here has no idea what the mindset of the Cardinal is.
But Dawkins is a veteran and clearly wants to win now because this may be his last chance!1!11!!1 McNabb too. They're going to be more focused than anyone!!!!!11111 There is no way they're blowing this opportunity.
:sarcasm:

Dumbest thing I've heard from Eagles fans.

Dawkins2112:
Both teams want to win a ton, and the media and your own players (McNabb) taking jabs at us isn't helping you when you're coming HERE to play.

The Eagle troll is clueless

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
5./ ...And lastly, the GOD-Factor. More than the Kurt Warner story (ie; rags to riches to rags and back to riches again.) Billions of people will be tuned into this. Think God will be watching? YUP! Does that mean the ball will bounce a certain way?? Probably not! BUT think of Tony Dungy's Colts. After winning the Super Bowl he said that a Championship could be WON Gods' way. Here's a conditional "promise" by GOD. "IF you lift me up, I will lift you up."

GO CARDS! SHOCK THE WORLD!! WE BELIEVE!!!:D

Hope we have enough believers to make it happen. And isn't that an unconditional "promise" made by GOD?

OP
OP
N

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ooppss!! Absolutely Correct, Perfectionist....

It is an un-conditional "promise". I was distracted as I was typing. Thanks for catching it. GO CARDS! :D

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
It is an un-conditional "promise". I was distracted as I was typing. Thanks for catching it. GO CARDS! :D

Hey, I can't concentrate for more than a few seconds on anything! Just so glad to actually be reading and talking Cardinals at this time of year!!

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
6. Warner's record in NFC championships: 2-0
McNabb's: 1-3

7. Coaches who have been part of a Superbowl win. Do the Eagles even have 1?

Reaction score
Noise? Really?

This is an Eagles team loaded with guys who have been there, done that, and have been through plenty of tough road environments in the playoffs over the years. They don't get rattled by fancy domes or loud fans of opposing teams. Just ask the Vikings and Giants.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Noise? Really?

This is an Eagles team loaded with guys who have been there, done that, and have been through plenty of tough road environments in the playoffs over the years. They don't get rattled by fancy domes or loud fans of opposing teams. Just ask the Vikings and Giants.
I agree! The team must step up and do that! :trout:

Dawkins2112

Registered
Reaction score

I have more of an idea than the poster who claimed the Eagles are planning the parade. Thats ok, y'all can find out for yourselves. We can babble on all day and all night but come Sunday, this thang gonna be decided.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
I have more of an idea than the poster who claimed the Eagles are planning the parade. Thats ok, y'all can find out for yourselves. We can babble on all day and all night but come Sunday, this thang gonna be decided.

Hey Dawkins we are still waiting for you on the truth about the eagles thread.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Noise? Really?

I'd rather ask Warner.

He has as many SuperBowl wins as the entirety of all three of those teams current rosters.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Look up the record of the last 10 teams to beat the SB champs the following week. It ain't pretty.

Yeah and if you factor in how tough that game was last week, the fact NY and Philly are pretty bitter rivals and the fact they'll be heading out West on our home field, yeah all that equates to making us home dogs.

That's just ignorance of the general sporting public showing through.