A step backwards!!!!!!!!!!!

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
Even though this team won today, I think we have still taken a step backwards in progress.. my *******
we should have kicked ass on both buffalo and miami.. they are both horrible this season.. our defense is going backwards in my opinion, escpeciallt the secondary... we still can't stop the run and they are putting up yards on our secondary.. I seen this several time during the buffalo and miami games:
it third and long and our DB are 10+yards off the recievers. why?? they need to be up there and hit off the line of scrimmage and disrupt there timeing as well as give out front four time to get to the QB.. ( top offseason priority, get a good cover corner that can play man-man with most anyone)

McNown sucks!!!!!!!!!! period.. he makes bad decision, eyes the receievers all the way and is not consisently accurate.. Time for King to show us if he has anything... He is still young and can move/run better than McNown.

Hambrick ran well today, why did he only get 4 touches.. give the hot hand more touches.. our OL is finally gelling a little better to.. I would love to see them back next year all together..

Finally.. we seem so predicatble in our play calling.. run, run, pass, punt.. lets change it up.. first play , open it up down field long.. just to get the other team thinking we will throw long ...

overall this team did good the early improving, but now we have regress I think..

other opinions please... Go cards.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jrjbritt said:
Even though this team won today, I think we have still taken a step backwards in progress.. my *******

Sorry I got lost after this sentence. Who are you calling your *******?

And it's McCown.. not McNown. Wow.

As for my opinion, I don't think we regressed. If we lost this game it would have been a regression. But this is a game the "normal" Cardinals would have found a way to lose (and we almost did).

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Buffalo is a much better team than their record indicates. NYJ learned that today as we did last week.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WE WON A GAME ON THE ROAD - WE ARE NOT THAT GOOD - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EXPECTING FROM A TEAM THAT HAS BEEN A LAUGHINGSTOCK FOR THE LAST TWO SEASON?!

My god - there's so many people bitching here - did Josh play great - Hell no - did Josh play well - hell no - but good God - he finally did what most of us were complaining about - STEP UP WHEN IT MATTERED - have some freaking patience you guys - seriously - this board is really showing a higher level of stupidity than I thought existed here.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
WE WON A GAME ON THE ROAD - WE ARE NOT THAT GOOD - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EXPECTING FROM A TEAM THAT HAS BEEN A LAUGHINGSTOCK FOR THE LAST TWO SEASON?!

My god - there's so many people bitching here - did Josh play great - Hell no - did Josh play well - hell no - but good God - he finally did what most of us were complaining about - STEP UP WHEN IT MATTERED - have some freaking patience you guys - seriously - this board is really showing a higher level of stupidity than I thought existed here.

:notworthy

:raccoon:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, we played better against St Louis, Atlanta and SF and we LOST! This win counts just as much in the standings as Pittsurgh's win over Philly today. It gives us that glimmering mirage of hope for one more week. If we could somehow win with negative yards passing against the Giants next week, I'd take it. I'm a long way from bitching about the quality of wins, I've had to swallow way too many losses.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Wow, where to begin?

jrjbritt said:

Nice start for your argument :rolleyes:

we should have kicked ass on both buffalo and miami.. they are both horrible this season..

1) We haven't won a game on the road in 2 years until today. We shouldn't be too picky

2) Buffalo beat a 6-1 Jets team today. They might be better than their record says

our defense is going backwards in my opinion, escpeciallt the secondary... we still can't stop the run and they are putting up yards on our secondary.. I seen this several time during the buffalo and miami games:
it third and long and our DB are 10+yards off the recievers. why?? they need to be up there and hit off the line of scrimmage and disrupt there timeing as well as give out front four time to get to the QB.. ( top offseason priority, get a good cover corner that can play man-man with most anyone)

The defense did give up a lot of yards but they didn't give up too much in terms of points.

Oh and on the bolded text ... GOOD LUCK! Good cover corners are like franchise QBs everybody wants them but there aren't that many around. Sorry

McNown sucks!!!!!!!!!! period.. he makes bad decision, eyes the receievers all the way and is not consisently accurate.. Time for King to show us if he has anything... He is still young and can move/run better than McNown.

I agree Cade McNown sucks thats why he's not in the league anymore. :)

Oh you meant Josh McCown, yes he played like crap for the first 3 quarters but he did come through when it mattered.

Hambrick ran well today, why did he only get 4 touches.. give the hot hand more touches.. our OL is finally gelling a little better to.. I would love to see them back next year all together..

Please tell me you're kidding with that Oline comment. They didn't play well today. We lacked in the rushing game and the pass protection was eh.

You want to bring them back? I want BIG TIME improvement and with this group I'm not seeing it (yes they are improving slightly but they still need a lot of work)

Finally.. we seem so predicatble in our play calling.. run, run, pass, punt.. lets change it up.. first play , open it up down field long.. just to get the other team thinking we will throw long ...

This is something I will agree with you on. The playcalling and gameplan have been horrible the past couple of weeks.

In summary, we are 3-5 team about where many of us expected this team to be realistically at this point. The team finally broke a 17 game road losing streak and I don't care how ugly it was ... its still progress

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EXPECTING FROM A TEAM THAT HAS BEEN A LAUGHINGSTOCK FOR THE LAST TWO SEASON?!
What TWO SEASONS???? They have been the laughingstock of NFL forever it seems... but definitely last year was one of the worst years....

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Better get use to this philosophy when we are on the road. It's obvious to me that Dennis Green believes you must run the ball and play solid defense/special teams to win on the road. Thats what we will do. So far it has kept us in every game except for Buffalo.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would rather see them play bad and win then play a great game and lose.
Its just nice to get the monkey off our backs and finally win on the road. Let's see how they do against the Giants at home next week as Denny said in in his postgame interview: "We need to win at home".