• For a 5th plus

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • For a 4th plus

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nope. Does almost nothing for them in the next couple of years and will cost $$$$$. I don't think you spend that capital in the midst of a 5 year rebuild. sorry, couldn't resist

Plus, it's reported that the Eagles get a 2nd round pick if the Jets trade him to the NFC. So, it is highly unlikely that the trade would be made to the Cardinals.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s 30 & disgruntled
Asked for a trade from the Eagles, got it, and is holding out from the team that traded for him. Who is the next team that wants to trade for that kind of headache? Signed a contract for three years and now wants more money. Play for the $14.25 million you agreed to and try to work out a new deal - while actually fulfilling your current deal which you were super happy to sign just a couple of years ago. Hard pass on players like this.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would do it if you plan to pay him. He had arguably the most success with Gannon and we need pass rush. We have tons of cap space this year and next. An actual pass rush would help this defense greatly. Adding Reddick and Robinson coming off IR could do a world of good for this team.

Problem is that if reports are accurate, a trade to an NFC team would cost the Jets a second so I don’t see them doing it for less than that(maybe a third). I would consider doing it and they can throw Mike Williams salary in there too.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One of the big differences between us and most other teams is they have their first round picks from years past contributing. If we want Reddick back we will have to give back a 2nd rounder at least.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s too late. Also, considering how middling at best our offense is, this team isn’t a pass rusher away from making the playoffs. Throw in Reddick’s age and attitude issues, we’d just be burning draft capital that Monti could use to burn high draft picks on another couple CBs or blocking TEs.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Can we get him and Crosby?

It would be a solid start for this defense considering how bad they are.
Honestly believe this is the level of commitment it would take. Give up a 3rd, 6th, and 7th to get those two guys. (Maybe someone will take Jalen Thompson instead of one of those things) Pay Reddick 3 years. Get Robinson back. They have 119 mil next year.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s too late. Also, considering how middling at best our offense is, this team isn’t a pass rusher away from making the playoffs. Throw in Reddick’s age and attitude issues, we’d just be burning draft capital that Monti could use to draft another couple CBs or blocking TEs.
I am still shocked at how corner-heavy his draft was. Common sense says to get some pass rushers first because good pass rushers can put less pressure on your corners and make average corners serviceable until you can upgrade them.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s too late. Also, considering how middling at best our offense is, this team isn’t a pass rusher away from making the playoffs. Throw in Reddick’s age and attitude issues, we’d just be burning draft capital that Monti could use to draft another couple CBs or blocking TEs.
This is the frustrating part . Offense was supposed to be much better than we have seen.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still shocked at how corner-heavy his draft was. Common sense says to get some pass rushers first because good pass rushers can put less pressure on your corners and make average corners serviceable until you can upgrade them.
it was a Keim-esque draft, building from the outside in. So stupid to draft corners with no pass rush, giving very little chance to accurately gauge if those corners can actually be contributors.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would like the appearance of attempting to be competitive with 2/3rds of the season left.
Especially since both players would be under contract for next year if Reddick got his extension. Even if it only gets you to 8 win this year, you look like a competitor heading into the off-season, before FA. And you can actually evaluate your secondary.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They may have been better off spending two of those third rounders on pass rush help. I’m not sure there are any pass rushers from this past draft that have done anything though. Even the guys taken in the first round haven’t done much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22