After Dark Horrorfest 2006: 8 Films to Die For

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After Dark Horrorfest: 8 Films to Die For

Release Date: November 17 - 19, 2006 (limited)
Studio: After Dark Films
Director: Various
Screenwriter: Various
Genre: Horror
MPAA Rating: Not Available

Starring: Various

Plot Summary: For one weekend only, eight never-before-seen horror films will be screened in 450 theatres across the country. Films to be screened:

"Penny Dreadful" Director: Richard Brandes
Young Penny (Miner) goes on a retreat with her psychologist (Rogers); the intention is to help her overcome her phobia, an intense fear of cars. Unexpected events find her in a nightmarish situation where her worst fears come true.

"Unrest" Director: Jason Todd Ipson
After a brutal death in the gross anatomy lab, first year medical student Alison Blanchard must discover the truth behind her mysterious cadaver - whose spirit she's certain is in a state of unrest. When her lab partners start dying one-by-one, Alison must face her own mortality before it's too late.

"The Gravedancers" Director: Mike Mendez
The film is about three friends who desecrate the graves of three very unforgiving ghosts.

"Wicked Little Things" Director: J.S. Cardone
Recently widowed Karen Tunny and her two daughters, Sarah and Emma, move to a remote mountain home which Karen has inherited from the family of her late husband. However, she is unaware that the home is situated near an old mine, the site of an early 20th century tragedy in which many children were buried alive...

"Dark Ride" Director: Craig Singer
Nearly a decade after two young girls are brutally murdered, the monstrous killer, Jonah, escapes from a mental institution and returns to his familiar killing ground, the theme park attraction "Dark Ride." His unfortunate victims this time are a group of college kids on a road trip that inevitably leads them to the Dark Ride where their night of youthful fun becomes a nightmare. The killer, who is mimicking the sets within the attraction, makes sure this is a "ride" audiences will never forget.

"Reincarnation" ("Rinne"; Japan) Director: Takashi Shimizu
From the director of "The Grudge" and "The Grudge 2" comes Reincarnation,a suspenseful psychological horror film that deals with the topic of reincarnation.

"The Abandoned" (Spain) Director: Nacho Cerda
An American film producer named Marie returns to her homeland, Russia, where her mother's dead body has been found under bizarre circumstances. She never knew her, having been adopted and brought to America as a baby. The only clue to what might have happened is an isolated, abandoned farm in the mountains that supposedly belonged to her natural parents.

"The Hamiltons" Director: The Butcher Brothers
The Hamiltons seem to be the picture-perfect American family. They are hardworking community members; giving to their local charities, attending town hall meetings and always respectful of their neighbors... except for the fact that they usually end up killing them.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never would have took you for a horror movie fan Shane. Though, you are a Cardinals fan so I should have figured.

I am not big into the genre...mostly go see these as an "experience" (read, drink beforehand, sneak some beers in, watch, stifle laughs, roll my eyes and go home).

My wife's girlfriend LOVES horror films so they go watch them about 6 times a year...I stay home and play Xbox 360. Works out just fine. :thumbup:

As a bonus, my wife and I then talk about the movie afterwards so I get all the juice without spending a dime. If one is good, we'll rent it later.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never would have took you for a horror movie fan Shane. Though, you are a Cardinals fan so I should have figured.

I am not big into the genre...mostly go see these as an "experience" (read, drink beforehand, sneak some beers in, watch, stifle laughs, roll my eyes and go home).

My wife's girlfriend LOVES horror films so they go watch them about 6 times a year...I stay home and play Xbox 360. Works out just fine. :thumbup:

As a bonus, my wife and I then talk about the movie afterwards so I get all the juice without spending a dime. If one is good, we'll rent it later.

I love horror! Cant wait.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biggest waste of 4 hours. Those two movies were pathetic. WICKED LITTLE THINGS, and THE HAMILTONS! Avoid them like the plague!

I sure hope the other 6 are far better!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05