Album-A-Day #126: Band-Default / Album-The Fallout

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, here goes my first attempt... :p

Default: The Fallout
From Default's Web-Site:
Default's debut album "The Fallout" is a hearty, fist-in-the-air rock and roll record destined to ride the airwaves of radio stations everywhere. From the opening rocker "Sick & Tired" to the straight-ahead riffage of "Deny" and the longing of "Wasting My Time" the album's 11 songs brim with tasteful musicianship and the undeniable passion of singer Dallas Smith. With crisp, tight production from Rick Parahser (Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains) and Chad Kroeger (Lead Vocalist of Nickelback) The Fallout is set to rise far above a rock scene soiled with pimp posturing and emotional vacancy.

Album tracks:
1. Sick And Tired
2. Deny
3. Wasting My Time
4. Slow Me Down
5. One Late Night
6. Seize The Day
7. Somewhere
8. Live A Lie
9. By Your Side
10. Faded
11. Let You Down

I recently was turned on to Default this past April when our new singer in our band came in. He wanted to do a couple covers by them. Good thing! Always like hearing good things from bands I've haven't heard before. :thumbup:
I kinda dig 'em. Their sound is definently modern hard rock! MTV explains their sound this way..."straight-ahead hard rock in the early years of the 21st century: the guitar textures and melodic bent of grunge; the dark, brooding earnestness of post-grunge; and the deep, thick-sounding production (but not the rap influences) of new alternative metal."

Default has a brand new spanking album "One Thing Remains" due out in Sept. '05. You can hear their brand new single "Count On Me" here : http://www.defaultonline.com/