All defense draft....if Staley is there in the 2nd....I will scream

BigOX

Reaction score
And personally find Graves and kick him in the balls. If Staley is there when we pick, I'll know we are officially cursed. Especially when Staley turns out to be better than Brown (Seen a lot of tape on both I like Staley better).

Franchise RB. Injury problems sure but he'll have 2-3 years behind Edge to heal and learn how to run. Just imagine Staley blocking, and a fresh-off-the-bench All Day Peterson getting 8-10 carries behind Edge

*wants to cry*

Besides the Brown/AD fiasco. All the damn defense is getting drafted right now. This draft is the complete opposite of last year.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Whiz & Russ Grim want physical tuff Linemen. I also like Staley but dont think he fits what they are looking for.

OP
OP
B

BigOX

Reaction score
Staley can easily bulk up and has much better speed which is exactly what the LT will be facing

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
And personally find Graves and kick him in the balls. If Staley is there when we pick, I'll know we are officially cursed. Especially when Staley turns out to be better than Brown (Seen a lot of tape on both I like Staley better).

Franchise RB. Injury problems sure but he'll have 2-3 years behind Edge to heal and learn how to run. Just imagine Staley blocking, and a fresh-off-the-bench All Day Peterson getting 8-10 carries behind Edge

*wants to cry*

Besides the Brown/AD fiasco. All the damn defense is getting drafted right now. This draft is the complete opposite of last year.

True but you can't draft on hindsight.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I dont agree it was much reach. Besides AP, I dont see anyone who fits better.

OP
OP
B

BigOX

Reaction score
I dont agree it was much reach. Besides AP, I dont see anyone who fits better.

Which is my point. #5 is BPA and AP is a far better BPA then Brown.

Granted hindsight is 20/20 but with all this defense draft, I easily see Staley there.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'd be right there with you. Hopefully someone takes him, so we don't have to go through the frustration.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
They'll get a reciever.

Then he'll go to Tampa at the beginning of round 2.

The reason I told people way back when that Thomas wasn't going to be available for us when we picked at 5 was because all of the teams ahead of us needed Oline help and Oline is a safe pick. Just because we go into round 2 doesn't mean their needs for Oline help doesn't go away

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
so what would preclude the Cards from getting Staley as well? OL has been the bane of this team forever so if they draft Staley I wouldnt be too pissed.

Of course if they manage to trade for Faneca our OL would be fixed for a few years

OP
OP
B

BigOX

Reaction score
Fitzgerald was a BPA at our strongest position when we passed on a need, Rivers or Big Ben

I think we all liked how that worked out. Which annoys me about this situation even more.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Which is my point. #5 is BPA and AP is a far better BPA then Brown.

Granted hindsight is 20/20 but with all this defense draft, I easily see Staley there.
Again I agree about AP, but with Edge just signed a year ago you have to understand why "that" move didnt make as much sense.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Fitzgerald was a BPA at our strongest position when we passed on a need, Rivers or Big Ben

I think we all liked how that worked out. Which annoys me about this situation even more.
Yea but your talking about a position that started 3 WR at the same time.

Yes teams are using 2 RB rotations but that is not the same thing. Also the teams that have the 2 back rotation are not a very high priced FA along with a top 5 pick. The Saints are close to this but Bush is used in alot more areas besides RB.

OP
OP
B

BigOX

Reaction score
Again I agree about AP, but with Edge just signed a year ago you have to understand why "that" move didnt make as much sense.

I do and I really hope Edge and Shipp/Arrington make me forget about AP this year :cheers:

OP
OP
B

BigOX

Reaction score
Yea but your talking about a position that started 3 WR at the same time.

Yes teams are using 2 RB rotations but that is not the same thing. Also the teams that have the 2 back rotation are not a very high priced FA along with a top 5 pick. The Saints are close to this but Bush is used in alot more areas besides RB.

While I trust Peterson could handle routes and such there is more to the draft then just the draftee. This sends a good message to Leinart and Edge.

Brown maybe not top 5 talent but I'll trust Grimm's assessment and the tape I've seen is solid.

There is plenty of rounds left.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05