Another "Rumor" From Supposed Scout

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This from sportsrumor.com:

One trade I have not brought to your attention has to do with Seattle. Oakland has not up until this point allowed me to speak of any trades they may be negotiatiing. Al is a pretty secretive guy unlike the Browns. I spoke with Al today as he wished me well in my pending retirement and I secured his permission to post this information. I imagine it won't be long until ESPN or someone acts as if they were the first to leak this unless a snafu breaks the trade. So here goes.

I will show in parenthesis the trade value as assigned by Oakland to the player or pick. The trade as I last heard it in version 7 is as follows;

Seattle trades Sean Alexander(2000), and the 23rd(825) to Oakland for the #2 overall pick in round #1(2600) and DT Terdell Sands(125). In return Seattle trades Cleveland the #2 pick (2600) (contingent on Gallery's
availability) for the #7 pick (1800), Dennis Northcutt (325), and a 2005 contingency pick. The contingency is based on Cleveland's 2005 record. .500 or better = a 2nd rounder while below .500 = a 3rd rounder.

Now the parameters for this trade are finalized and in writing. I have a copy here myself with signatures of all the parties involved. The catch is whether or not Cleveland strikes a deal with San Diego for the #1. The second catch is if Gallery would fall to #2 and not be selected by San Diego. The third catch is NFL approval which has not been sought to keep the trade quiet. They may get approval once the leak is made.

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so far away said:
Why on earth would Seatle give up Shaun Alexander?! :shrug:
I understand Holmgren and he don't have a great relationship, nor great respect for one another. Also, Holmgren is pretty high on Mo Morris.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so far away said:
Why on earth would Seatle give up Shaun Alexander?! :shrug:

Isn't he a FA after this season? I agree though, it doesn't make much sense given SEA's improvement this offseason.

A-Bomb

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Very interesting.

Taking it at face value, who do you think Seattle is after at #7?

Isnt Shawn Alexander a free agent after this year? Who is his backup?

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
It sure would make things interesting! I wouldn't have a problem seeing Shaun Alexander out of our division.

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
en fuego said:
Taking it at face value, who do you think Seattle is after at #7?

Isnt Shawn Alexander a free agent after this year? Who is his backup?
Maybe they're looking at Wilfork, and then D. Smith (ILB) in the second? They need help up the middle of the defense. Or, Maybe they want Udeze/Smith to replace Winstrom. It's defense they're looking for, I think.

Alexander's B/u is Maurice Morris. He's good.

spanky1

Reaction score
Pariah said:
Maybe they're looking at Wilfork, and then D. Smith (ILB) in the second? They need help up the middle of the defense. Or, Maybe they want Udeze/Smith to replace Winstrom. It's defense they're looking for, I think.

Alexander's B/u is Maurice Morris. He's good.

Wistrom was never a Seahawk.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard about the Alexander move to Oakland for a while, but the rest of the triangle is too complicated for digestion. I got lost on this one.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I think Wilfork or Tommie Harris is the best bet --

they cut Norman Hand and Randle retired. The two staring d tackles are non descript (sound familiar?) --