Are there any other Cardinal Fans in Oklahoma?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
One of the supervisors at my work is Cards Season Ticket holder and he is an Okie. Does that count?

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
the sunflower state? home of the battle cry "rock chalk jayhawk"?

you win the award for the closest so far, but not close enough sir!

(welcome aboard just the same)

dbcard74

Reaction score
There's one. in Vinita. I've been a Cardinal fan since 1965, when my cousin and I came home from church one Sunday afternoon and the Cardinals were beating the Browns about 49-7 and we said, hey, let's be Cardinal fans.

I've only met one other Cardinal fan here, and I think he liked them because Buddy Ryan was the coach, before he bombed.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
hooray!

at long last, dbcard74, I found another cardinals fan in OK.

two questions:

Vinita... now that is in the northwest part of the state is it not? I don't have a map, and my memory fails me right now...

and

isn't it horrible being stuck in Dallas Cowboys territory?

please stay in touch man...

Endzone,

we got the internet about 6 mo. ago, almost at the same time as the indoor plumbin. :rolleyes:

so cardinals fans, is it just me a dbcard74 as far as the oklahoma contingent?

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Crimson Warrior
hooray!

at long last, dbcard74, I found another cardinals fan in OK.

two questions:

Vinita... now that is in the northwest part of the state is it not? I don't have a map, and my memory fails me right now...

and

isn't it horrible being stuck in Dallas Cowboys territory?

please stay in touch man...

Endzone,

we got the internet about 6 mo. ago, almost at the same time as the indoor plumbin. :rolleyes:

so cardinals fans, is it just me a dbcard74 as far as the oklahoma contingent?

My Grandfather lives in Norman.

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
I'm from Oklahoma....:D Born in Stillwater 1967...Cardinals fan 1975 till they shovel dirt on my remains. Attended Langston Univ. Now residing in The mile hi City..But still LOVE OKLAHOMA

Indiana Hoosier

Registered
Reaction score
mdamien13, my wife, son and several other members of the family graduated from IU. Yea!, were all big IU fans. My son's wife graduated from Purdue, can you imagine those two during basketball season. Forget football season.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Indiana Hoosier
Forget football season.

Spoken like a true IU fan :D

Something about the rivalry diminishes when it's not Gene Keady vs. Bobby Knight. The General always gave the Purdue crowd some kind of fodder (the student section wearing hunting jackets after he shot his hunting buddy was classic).

dbcard74

Reaction score
Crimson Warrior,
Vinita is in the northeast corner of the state, halfway between Tulsa and Joplin, Mo.

And I actually like being in Cowboy country. I like to watch football games on TV where I either like one team or hate one team. I hate the Cowboys so much that I love to watch them play, just so I can root against them. All their games are on TV here and I've probably watched every game they've played for the last 35 years.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigdaddy_redbird
I'm from Oklahoma....:D Born in Stillwater 1967...Cardinals fan 1975 till they shovel dirt on my remains. Attended Langston Univ. Now residing in The mile hi City..But still LOVE OKLAHOMA

go bigdaddy! that is good to hear

i was born in 68' in okc, and jumped on the cardinals bandwagon about the same time you did. (unfortunately the bandwagon had only one wheel) :D

hang in there, the cardinals will make us proud one day!

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by dbcard74
Crimson Warrior,
Vinita is in the northeast corner of the state, halfway between Tulsa and Joplin, Mo.

And I actually like being in Cowboy country. I like to watch football games on TV where I either like one team or hate one team. I hate the Cowboys so much that I love to watch them play, just so I can root against them. All their games are on TV here and I've probably watched every game they've played for the last 35 years.

MAN, I know Exactly what you are talking about! There was nothing sweeter than jimmy johnsons first season when they lost 15 games and got swept by the cardinals! and, one benefit of being in dallas territory was that at least we got to watch the cards twice a year on tv for a long time!

but their fans :mad: can be so annoying and pompous!

anyway... when the cards go to the superbowl, I'm going to throw a big party for all the cardinal fans in Oklahoma and you're invited! :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by Indiana Hoosier
:wave: I flew into Oklahoma City in route to Ft. Bliss as a GI. I also am a Cardinal fan.

great!

welcome to the board indiana hoosier! and thank you for helping to protect the USA!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Crimson Warrior
thats pretty cool.

you cant fault his taste in college towns!

As much of a Husker homer that I am, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Oklahoma's program. I was glad to see them get out of the little tail spin they were in a few years ago.

Colorado and Texas just don't have the same sense of rivalry. If the Huskers have to lose to someone, I'd rather it be Oklahoma.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
What's the skinny on Kevin Williams and Rashaun Woods, Crimson?

I think kevin williams is good but not great, hes got a decent chance to make it in the NFL.

woods... decided to come back for his senior year despite being a lock for the first round in 2003. he has size, speed and good hands. I predict he's gonna make his mama proud when he plays on sunday.