Arrington as the KR?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It seems to me that he'd be a natural for the KR role. He has good speed, is a natural RB, and when he played at Cal he would make some good moves in the open field. I guess the only question is whether he would be "scared" with guys getting a 40 yard run at him. I mean,he was pretty quick to go down if they had a 3 yard charge at him. You save a roster by using him there and he can still be a 3rd down back with Shipp being the guy to spell James every so often.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I think Arrington is going to play above and beyond expectations this year, especially now that the spotlight is off him somewhat. He should be tried at KR, no question. And I still think he could be a real threat from the slot in 4 WR situations if Rowen wants to diversify J.J.'s role.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mitch said:
I think Arrington is going to play above and beyond expectations this year, especially now that the spotlight is off him somewhat. He should be tried at KR, no question. And I still think he could be a real threat from the slot in 4 WR situations if Rowen wants to diversify J.J.'s role.

I like the idea of using a 5'9" or 5'10" guy at WR just about as much as I like a 5'9" middle linebacker like McKinnon. I don't think that idea would fly.

Arrington's got a lot to prove this year. Right now, IMO, he's no better than a guy like Damien Anderson. Great college career, but what have you done in the NFL?

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I think he'll do well as the kick returner. He's got great speed and can break out some big runs. I'd give him a shot at being the return man.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
vince56 said:
I like the idea of using a 5'9" or 5'10" guy at WR just about as much as I like a 5'9" middle linebacker like McKinnon. I don't think that idea would fly.

Arrington's got a lot to prove this year. Right now, IMO, he's no better than a guy like Damien Anderson. Great college career, but what have you done in the NFL?
Not that Arrington is anything close. But M.Faulk did just fine as a slot reciever.

Not sure why the hang up over heighth, but he is a RB who would be hard to tackle for DB's when he did make a catch.

The point is Arrington is still a high potential guy who we still need to get the ball in his hands sometimes. If it is Returns & 4th reciever thats fine with me.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
I think he'll do well as the kick returner. He's got great speed and can break out some big runs. I'd give him a shot at being the return man.

From what I have seen the kid can't take a hit. He avoids contact and will not go for the extra yard. On top of that there where "whispers" (whispers = un-proven rumours, things said or implide softly) that Arrington was a huge dissapointment last year.

If he doesn't fumble when somebody hits him while returning a punt or kick then why not. But returning kicks is a high impact job and I don't think Arrington is the guy who take the NFL's high impact jobs.

As for breaking out this season ? NO WAY. The guy is going to be behind James, and whomever else we got on the squad. I will be surprised if Arrington avoids being cut next season.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
From what I have seen the kid can't take a hit. He avoids contact and will not go for the extra yard. On top of that there where "whispers" (whispers = un-proven rumours, things said or implide softly) that Arrington was a huge dissapointment last year.

I know about that. I just thought he'd do better with more of an open field than running right into the d-line...

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know about this. His problem last year is that he had problem getting up to top speed without the extra 2 yards in the backfield. If he has problems with acceleration and shiftiness he'd be miserable at KR.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
I don't know about this. His problem last year is that he had problem getting up to top speed without the extra 2 yards in the backfield. If he has problems with acceleration and shiftiness he'd be miserable at KR.

He would be fine as a KR, he would suck as a PR.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
vince56 said:

Dante Hall (5' 8") seems to do OK. :shrug:

gnomepete

Registered
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:

I'd rather see Roger Robinson: He's just as fast, he's got LOTS more heart, and he's proven that he can take hits. The questions are how well can he learn the KR job (I seem to remember that he's never done it) and, overall, how can he handle NFL competition rather than just NFLE?

Pete

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
Robinson set two records at Utah State in kick returns.... most yrds in season and in one game, he was a freshman. I believe you will see him as KR.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Duetto said:
Robinson set two records at Utah State in kick returns.... most yrds in season and in one game, he was a freshman. I believe you will see him as KR.

I thought the Rabbit came out of Northern Arizona University.

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
He played his freshman year and a couple games of his sophmore at USU. The first time he touched the ball in college he returned a punt to the house against Utah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05