• Poll closed .

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Cardinals.Ken's ASFN Kumite
Presented by Allstate

Bracket 2, #3 seed Keanu Reeves
You must be registered for see images

Notable Films: The Matrix series, Constantine, Speed, Youngblood.

Mini Bio: One of the most inscrutable actors to ever hit it big, Keanu Reeves has been by turns adored, reviled, and grudgingly respected by the movie-going public. As the controversy over his talent rages on, his career choices and paychecks show him inching toward A-list status. In 1994, the understated actor became a big-budget action star with the release of Speed. Its success heralded an era of five years in which Reeves would alternate between largely unwatched small films. After all this Reeves did the unthinkable and passed on the Speed sequel, but he struck box-office gold again a few years later with the Wachowski brothers' cyberadventure The Matrix. Despite his deadpan delivery style and reputation as an oaf, Reeves continues to reel in choice roles and fat paychecks.

vs.

Bracket 2, #6 seed Vin Diesel
You must be registered for see images

Notable Films: Pitch Black, Knockaround Guys, xXx, A Man Apart, The Chronicles Of Riddick.

Mini Bio: Vin dropped out of college to make Multi-Facial, which eventually got Steven Spielberg's attention. Spielberg then cast him in Saving Private Ryan and Vin's career was launched. He's an admitted fan of Dungeons and Dragons, and, according to an interview on "Late Night with Conan O'Brian", he played for 24 years. "I was a bouncer for nine years - it was all I knew how to do - and my training was not to talk loosely...That's still my thought process: Shut your mouth, watch your back and keep working till your ass falls off.".

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough call. But based on Vin's combat experience in Saving Private Ryan, I'll go with Vin.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough call. But based on Vin's combat experience in Saving Private Ryan, I'll go with Vin.

:biglaugh:

Combat experience? He was one of the first to die because he didn't follow orders.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh like Ted or Neo ever obeyed orders.

Eh,

I guess I object to Vin being in this Kumite in the first place. Little to nothing that he has done could be considered Martial Arts, and he even has a higher seed than some others that have done far more.

OK, I am done with my :soapbox:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh,

I guess I object to Vin being in this Kumite in the first place. Little to nothing that he has done could be considered Martial Arts, and he even has a higher seed than some others that have done far more.

I agree. I voted for him. Oops.

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score

Let nature take it's course...He'll get his.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Vin Diesel isn't a martial artist and he never has been, at least Keanu attempted something like karate in The Matrix.

godSIZE

Reaction score
Come on guys, it's Hollywood. True wu shu fighters, or "martial artists" aren't as easy to come by in Hollywood terms as you think. Have fun with the brackets. I hope Tom Cruise gets his nose replastered by Bruce Lee with a nu chaka to the melon. ...and Tom Cruise! I think his best fight was with the Porsche 928 in Risky Business. Just relax, enjoy, vote. Maybe we can have a Celebrity match with the winner of this kumite against Arnold (as Conan of course)---and settle our arguments there.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No contest - Vin wouldn't even have to throw a punch, a la The Knockaround Guys, and Key-ah-new would be out cold. Plus Key-ah-blew couldn't even act his way into a wet paper bag much less out of one.

shawn

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No contest - Vin wouldn't even have to throw a punch, a la The Knockaround Guys, and Key-ah-new would be out cold. Plus Key-ah-blew couldn't even act his way into a wet paper bag much less out of one.

shawn

LOL ... And Vin Diesel can??

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score

shawn

It's martial arts ability, not acting ability, that determines a winner here!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake